Depending on your preferences - historical events, Orthodox shrines, gastronomic delights, shopping, etc. - I will guide you through the streets of ancient and modern Thessaloniki and help you immerse yourself in the atmosphere of this city. We will discuss the life and traditions of the ancient Greeks, as well as notice the details of local life today. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 2 hours Children Without children How it goes On foot Rating 4.77 from 30 reviews € 92 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece and one of the most beautiful in the country. Its history goes back over 23 centuries, but the city is not old at all: it was even considered as the "Youth Capital of the EU-2014" Even if you only have a few free hours, be sure to devote them to exploring Thessaloniki. And I will help you to do it as efficiently and deeply as possible. You will be pleasantly surprised how in this noisy and crowded city the great historical heritage is organically combined with modern buildings.
What awaits you
My sightseeing walk combines sightseeing of the main sights of the upper and lower city. You will see:
- Fortress walls
- Vlatadon monastery
- Trigon tower
- panoramic platform
- The white tower
- Arch and imperial palace of Galerius
- early Christian churches of Dmitry Thessaloniki, St. Sophia, Our Lady Not Made by Hands
- and much more
Depending on your preferences, when building a route, I will focus on a topic that will be of interest to you!
- I will immerse the history buff into the past. We will talk about the era of the Roman Empire, the Byzantine and Ottoman kingdoms.
- I will take the pilgrim to the Orthodox shrines: the miraculous relics of Demetrius of Theodore, Saint Theodora, Saint David, Gregory Palamas.
- Gourmets will appreciate the gastronomic delights of the Mediterranean cuisine.
- Shopping lovers will receive good advice and recommendations from me.
- Visiting paid facilities is not expected, but pocket money for a cup of coffee, a glass of beer or a glass of fresh juice will always come in handy. Entrance to all churches is free.
- If desired, the transition from the lower part of the city to the upper one, you can shorten and use a taxi (cost up to 4 euros, paid additionally)
Start of the excursion at Aristotle Square. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.