Evening tour of the oldest artisans 'and artists' district. Residents have recreated the life of the golden 20s here, and Berlin bohemia is doing its utmost here in art workshops and galleries. Tourists don't come here, but there is more history here than anywhere else in the city. Individual excursion for 1-8 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.96 from 71 reviews € 125 per excursion Price for 1-8 people, regardless of the number of participants
- To begin with, we will go to the waiting room for trains to West Berlin, where I will tell you how the border service worked in the GDR, how the Berlin Wall was built and why it fell in 1989. And then:
- The famous labyrinths of courtyards - Hack courtyards, Sofien-Gips courtyards, Heckmannhöfe courtyards - all this courtyard infrastructure is occupied today with shops, galleries, cafes and restaurants, dance musicals, and in the evening all this is illuminated with multi-colored lanterns.
- On our route you will find the oldest Jewish cemetery and the New Synagogue - silent witnesses of the 1938 pogroms. It was here then that glass crunched underfoot …
- The Sofia Halls are the birthplace of communism, a place where artisans turned into the proletariat, but did not lose their political weight. Here Karl Liebknecht and Rosa Luxemburg in 1918 agitated the workers and the future bosses of the SED began their careers.
- And also a dance hall where swing dancing is still dancing, numerous art galleries, art street and contemporary art, the very first Imperial Post Office in Berlin and the dead art squat Taheles, bars, cafes and much more …
We can also have time to run to the Museum Island, a place where the archaeological relics of Ancient Egypt, Babylon, Assyria, Greece and Rome, taken out at the end of the 19th century, are kept. The architectural ensemble of the Island consists of five museums, each with its own history.
The tour starts at 18.00 at the Friedrichstrasse station. Dress code is free. The use of goodies in the direction of travel is not prohibited.
The excursion starts at the Hackescher Markt station. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.