The most aristocratic district of Kiev will appear in front of you: since ancient times there has been a struggle for power, and today Pechersk is the most expensive place in the city. You will unravel the secrets of magnificent mansions, see the Chocolate House and get acquainted with the work of innovative architects. Wonderful stucco molding, symbols and legends of the "pearls" of Pechersk will amaze you to the very heart! Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 2 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 2 reviews € 36 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Pechersk is the architectural center of Kiev! It got its name from the Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, where the monks settled. In the 10th century, there was the country residence of Vladimir the Great, Askold and Dir were killed here, there was always a struggle for power in Pechersk, and now it is the most elite and expensive district of Kiev.
On our excursion, you will not only hear the history and legends of this aristocratic area, but also see real architectural masterpieces:
- "House with Chimeras" - a fairy tale house, a dream house, a legend house. This building was built at the beginning of the 20th century by Vladislav Gorodetsky - this is not just an architect with a capital letter, but a real construction innovator in love with Kiev. On the roof of this house there are good-natured frogs, rhinos, antelopes, and water pipes are made in the form of snakes and elephant trunks. You don't need to talk about this house - you need to see it!
- “House of the Weeping Widow” - the main mystery of this house is hidden in a stone bas-relief in the form of a woman's head. When it rains, tears run down the girl's cheeks.
- "Chocolate House". The mansion is chocolate-colored, but unfortunately there is no chocolate there. But prominent figures of science, social, political and state life lived in it.
- The Kovalevsky mansion will amaze not only with its medieval appearance, but also surprise with real romantic legends about love.
- Now let's go a little further and admire the National Bank of Ukraine - one of the most beautiful banks in Europe. Well, and of course it is impossible to pass by the Mariinsky Palace - the residence of the President of Ukraine, where we will end our excursion.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.