We will walk in the Upper and Lower Cities, and I will reveal to you the iconic places and history of the capital. You will learn about the origins of Estonians and Tallinn, about life, estates and cruel laws of the medieval city, about the strong connection between Russia and Estonia in the person of famous historical figures. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 2 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.88 on 48 reviews € 52 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
I will tell:
- about the founding of Tallinn, about who the Estonians are, where they came from;
- about the Hanseatic League and trade;
- about the peculiarities of the Upper and Lower cities: about class differences, about how they lived, what they dressed and what the inhabitants of both cities did;
- about life, punishment, medicine, laws and regulations of medieval Tallinn;
- about famous people who connect Estonia and Russia (Kutuzov, Baltic Germans Kruzenshtern, Benckendorf, Tiesenhausen and others);
- and much more.
- You will see Toompea Castle, the Orthodox Cathedral of Alexander Nevsky, the Dome Cathedral, enjoy an unforgettable view from two viewing platforms.
- Then we will go to the Garden of the Danish King, walk along the shortest street in Tallinn - Korotkaya Noga Street, go down to the Niguliste (St. Nicholas) Church and from there head to the Town Hall Square and the oldest operating medieval Town Hall Pharmacy in Europe.
- Next, our route will go to the Church of the Holy Spirit, and then to Pikk (Long) street. There we will get acquainted with the famous house that once belonged to merchants from the Great Merchant Guild, the House of the Brotherhood of Blackheads.
- From there, our path will go to the Dominican Monastery and through Katarina Lane will lead to the final point of our excursion - the Virus Gate.
The beginning of the excursion is Town Hall Square, near the Town Hall building, under the clock. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.