Riga is a city of craftsmen. Since ancient times, Latvia has been proud of its artisans: weavers, blacksmiths, glass blowers. The sea and local amber, wood and wood, field and flax are a source of inspiration for the creativity of modern designers. I will tell you about the state of affairs in Latvian fashion and show you the most unusual showreels of local designers. I will help you see all the genres and styles of the Latvian fashion avant-garde. And if you love unique hand-made items, I'll show you where to look for them. Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration 3 hours Children Without children How it goes On foot Rating 4.85 on 13 reviews from € 65 for 1-2 people or € 25 per person if there are more of you
- We will start at the former Riga Model House, the most stylish model house in the Soviet Union. The magazine "Rigas Modes" has excited the hearts of women of fashion of all ages for many years. I will tell you how fashion designers from Riga dressed the whole country.
- Then we will walk along my favorite arcade, where a designer hotel and an old cinema, gastropub and beautiful croissants from a real Frenchman are adjacent. Here we are interested in a multi-brand boutique. Multiple designers, multiple styles plus fashion accessories. I will help you to try on the image of a Parisian woman from Riga. Rather, rather, two salons open their doors and collections to us. A combination of coarse wool and delicate silk, fairy tale and tragedy, fantasy and reality.
- Let's take a breath in the most stylish pastry shop over a cup of coffee with balsam - and let's go! On the way, a few hasty words about history and architecture. You will see some of the finest examples of Art Nouveau.
- If you are lucky, you will meet with the Master. One of the Latvian designers will talk about his new collection. You will have a unique opportunity to personally ask questions about the style. If not, just purchase the models you like. After all, how does Our designer differ from, say, French, he is the same god in his craft, only much more accessible. Enjoy!
- Two shoe boutiques and a studio of young designers will help put a good end to our fashion walk. Or maybe an ellipsis?..
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.