Travelers usually visit only the Old Town with all its undoubted advantages, but they lose sight of the fact that in Tallinn, outside the historical core, there is the famous Kadriorg palace and park ensemble and other equally important heritage sites of Tallinn history. On a car tour, I will reveal these sights to you, tell you about the events and characters that influenced the chronicle and appearance of the city, about the modern life of the capital and its inhabitants. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 2 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 4.95 on 38 reviews € 75 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
- We will admire the palace commissioned by Peter I for his beloved wife Catherine I. I will tell you about his history and the role of Peter in Tallinn.
- You will see the architecture of the late 19th - early 20th centuries, discover the names and works of the main architects and sculptors of Tallinn.
- We will also visit the famous Song Festival Grounds, where famous singing festivals take place every five years. I will tell you about their origin.
- Then we'll take a look at the castle that was filmed in our beloved Sherlock Holmes, The Dog of the Baskervilles - in fact, this is the castle of Count Orlov-Davydov. Let's talk about him and other famous nobles of Tallinn and their ties with Russia.
- Then we will visit the Pirita region - on the territory of the region there are the ruins of the monastery of St. Brigitte - the first writer of Sweden. You will learn about her unusual destiny and gift.
- In the same area is the famous Olympic Village, built for the 1980 Olympics.
- Then you will see the famous monument to the battleship "Mermaid", I will tell you about its creator - the famous sculptor Amandus Adamson, whose works can also be found in Crimea.
- At the end of the tour, we will drive around the Old Town, admire its towers and spiers. I will talk about modern life, infrastructure, medicine and education in Tallinn, about the mentality and values of the townspeople.
- Viru Square
- City District
- Kadriorg park
- Singing field
- Castle of Count Orlov-Davydov
- Pirita area
- Ruins of the monastery of Saint Brigitte
- Olympic Village
- Monument to the battleship
- Towers Square
- Charles Church
- We'll go either in my car or in yours. The car is not included in the price (check in the correspondence).
- We can meet at your hotel or at another convenient place
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.