Tallinn used to be called Revel and was a city of craftsmen. Revel is a large layer of history not only of the Estonian capital, but also of the country as a whole. Throughout Europe, including here, a certain order of acquiring mastery was established. Brewers, pharmacists, confectioners, bricklayers, masons - all learned the basics of skill, creating "masterpieces". We will walk along the alleys of Tallinn, where the age-old craft traditions of Estonia are still carefully preserved, I will tell you about the life, work and secrets of Revel masters of different genres, about the most remarkable features of their activities. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 2 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.87 on 15 reviews € 52 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
- In the famous Katharina lane, the lane of masters, we will look into an amazing house, where they show the skill of the author's doll.
- The next master will be a glassblower - before our eyes, the master will show his art, I will tell you when, how and why stained glass appeared, about the technique of making stained glass.
- Let's not ignore the work of pharmacists, I will tell you how medieval pharmacists treated and reveal the secret of the creation of Tallinn marzipan and its use as a medicine.
- We will also discuss medieval architecture - after all, this skill of the Revel stonemasons allowed to bring buildings dating back to the 13th century to our days.
- In the family workshop of wooden souvenirs, I will tell you about the echoes of paganism and the cult of the sun in this profession. You will learn what Estonians still consider to be an amulet against misfortune.
- From the confectioners you will learn why pastry sweets were not understood and loved before, and how they became popular.
- In the brewery, you will discover the secrets and traditions of beer production. You will learn interesting details from the history of brewing, for example, why a woman could not become a brewer 500 years ago.
This excursion is an opportunity to learn about the handicraft history of Tallinn, draw a parallel between the past and the present of the city and the country as a whole, and understand that the age-old handicraft traditions are not only not ruined, but are also carefully revered today.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.