I invite you to a wonderful one-day gastronomic walk around Tbilisi - one of the most "medieval" cities that have preserved their originality and multiculturalism. I think for those who like to smell, taste, watch and touch it will be a complete satisfaction of these little human weaknesses. With this excursion, you can safely start your exploration of the city. But first things first … Individual excursion for 1-6 people Duration 5.5 hours Children Without children How it goes By car Rating 4.89 from 62 reviews from € 76 for 1-2 people or € 38 per person if you are more
- We will start with breakfast, which consists of real Georgian khachapuri and the best Turkish coffee in the city. Yes, do not be surprised, Georgians have been drinking Turkish coffee from time immemorial, and we will talk about it later. Well, at breakfast we will try homemade lemonade made from pitna (pitna is a kind of mint).
- After breakfast, you can walk, and I will take you on a tour of the historical center of the city, we will get to know a number of cathedrals and churches that are the “spiritual heart” of the city, we will climb the cable car to the Narikala fortress dating back to the 6th century, we will go down on foot through the medieval sulfur baths area, we will go up the rocky part of the city to look at the temple of the Zoroastrians, and, satisfied, we will rush to the tasting.
- We will taste wine in the cellar of a company specializing in the traditional Georgian way of winemaking.
- After tasting we go to the Tbilisi central market. Traditional churchkhela, spices, herbs, cheeses, fruits, nuts, dried persimmon - we have to taste everything, figure out all the intricacies and take with us. And the main point of our trip is a real, authentic, the best khinkalnaya in the city. Here we will eat. Many. Diverse. Insanely delicious. And most importantly - with intelligence and knowledge of the matter.
Who is this excursion suitable for?
The program is perfect for the first acquaintance with Tbilisi, its main attractions, local cuisine and traditions.
- The price of the excursion includes: breakfast, lunch in khinkalnaya (without alcohol), transportation around the city by car and guide services
- The price does not include: wine tasting (15 euros per person), alcohol ordered for lunch, a cable car ticket (1 euros per person)
- Please note that the tour is a walking tour and lasts 5 hours, which means that you should be ready to walk a lot
- At your request, we can change part of the program (this must be agreed in advance with the guide in correspondence), while some of the points prescribed in the program will be replaced with those suggested by you.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.