This excursion is a great opportunity to plunge into the world of the gallant age, recall mythological subjects and the history of the Russian State, see a medieval castle and a Versailles-type baroque park. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 5.5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 8 reviews € 91 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Where two fast rivers - Musa and Memele - merge, and a large river - Lielupe - is formed, the ancient Bauska castle rises. It consists of two parts: a new one - from the time of the Dukes of Courland, and an old one - from the era of the Livonian Order.
10 kilometers away, in the middle of the Zemgale Plain, the magnificent palace of the architect Rastrelli has survived, miraculously survived and has never even been overhauled. You will learn:
- why the palace has been equipped for more than 30 years;
- what role did Duke Biron, the favorite of Empress Anna Ioannovna, play in this;
- what is Prussian Rococo and Kurlyadny Graces;
- why restored gilding does not dazzle museum visitors;
- how the French chandelier differs from the lamps made in Kurzeme;
- what is "pot-bellied chest of drawers" and "broken duchess";
- what kind of painting did Duke Peter Biron adore;
- what the "first beauties" and clever girls of the 18th century looked like.
The highlight of the park is the rich collection of roses. At the end of June and July, you can see roses from different historical eras: the Duke's Garden, the Garden of the Zubovs and Shuvalovs, collections of wild, fluted and English roses. And, of course, the Garden of the mysterious blue rose.
And what to do in the park when roses are not blooming? In the spring - enjoy the fabulous carpets of colorful tulips and inhale the scent of lilacs. In late summer and autumn, pick grapes hiding in playful pergolas, or apples in Zubov's Garden.
Unfortunately, due to the quarantine situation, the museum will be closed from March 13 to April 14, and reservations for this tour will not be accepted until April 30.
- I can pick you up at the hotel in Riga or from the city center and we will go on a fascinating journey through the past!
- The indicated price includes the services of a guide (group of 1-12 people).
- The excursion is possible by car, bus or minivan.
- Additional expenses: car rental (from 75 euros) and entrance tickets to Rundale Palace and park. The price for the combined ticket "Long route and park" depends on the season: from 8 € to 13.00 € for adults, students and schoolchildren - discounts; for preschool children - free of charge.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion. History and architectureOutside the city10Museums and art2Rundale Palace2Bau Castle1