This special author's excursion will allow you to see Austria from an unexpected perspective. The expanses of Styria, the hospitable streets of Graz and Hartberg, distinctive villages and the castles of Herberstein and Eggenberg surrounded by parks will appear in front of you in all its glory. You will immerse yourself in the medieval past of these places and feel the harmony of the picturesque region, hidden away from the tourist routes. Just one day - and Styria will enchant you with delicious home cooking, pastoral nature and an unusual centuries-old history! Group excursion Duration 12 hours Group size up to 25 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus Rating 5 on 5 reviews € 119 per person
What awaits you
Walk through ancient Hartberg and welcoming Graz The route of our journey will pass through fabulous villages, ancient fortresses and medieval cities, the first of which will be Hartberg, where you will walk through the old streets, looking at the preserved buildings surrounded by a powerful fortress wall. And then you will be greeted by Graz - the capital of Styria, included in the UNESCO heritage list. The city will charm you with its special atmosphere and hospitality of local residents who are always glad to see guests. You will stroll through local attractions, have a snack or take the elevator up the mountain to view the old tower with an unusual clock. And from personal experience, make sure of the popularity and excellent taste of Stir pumpkin seed oil
Visit a medieval castle The Middle Ages left Styria with dozens of fortresses and castles, one of which we will certainly visit. Through apple orchards and scenic surroundings, you will drive to Herberstein Castle or Eggenberg Castle - exactly where we go depends on the time of year and the peculiarities of the complexes. Each of the castles is located in the center of the palace park and will amaze you with both majestic architecture and interior decoration
- During the winter season, you will find yourself in Herbersteinhidden among the gorges and shrouded in secrets. You will learn about the famous count's dynasty that has lived here from the 13th century to the present day, and hear the story of Count Herberstein, who became the first ambassador of the Roman Empire to Muscovy. And then you will walk through the unusual local zoo with wild animals from all five continents.
- In the summer you will visit the castle Eggenberg - a true masterpiece of Baroque architecture, based on astronomical symbolism and surrounded by a park inhabited by peacocks.
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from our team
- Entrance fees to the castles are included in the tour price
- Additional costs - lunch and local souvenirs only
The excursion starts from the Tourist Info Center at Albertinaplatz Square. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.