On the excursion, I will tell you about the structure of life and life in medieval Tallinn, about its poor and rich inhabitants. You will get acquainted with the main buildings of those times and learn about their purpose. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.76 on 21 reviews € 44 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
- We will meet at the Viru gate, walk a little further, and I will tell you about the fortress wall. At the Heileman Tower you will hear a story about the purpose and construction of the fortress towers.
- Then we will walk along the alley to the portals of the monastery, and I will tell you about the Dominicans, about education in the Lower City and the role of the Dominicans in this matter.
- Along the street of the Holy Spirit, we will come to the almshouse. In the Middle Ages, the poor and the poor lived here. On the Great Guild Square, you will learn about the association of merchants and artisans in guilds and workshops. I will explain why it was needed.
- Next, we will walk along Pikk Street to see the Kanut and Olavskaya guilds, and understand who was accepted into which guild. You will also learn about the construction of a residential building, streets, pavements and lighting.
- A lot of interesting things also happened on the Town Hall Square. It is appropriate here to tell about the activities of the magistrate, about how the day passed on the square, who and what was doing here. We will pay special attention to the pharmacy and its role in the Middle Ages.
- The next stop is at Wheeled Well Street. Here we will talk about water supply and hydraulics in the city.
- On the street of the Knight we will go to another poorhouse and the house of the executioner. Here you will find an interesting story about the role and activities of the executioner. We will also take a look at the place of execution, and I will talk about the city gates.
The beginning of the excursion is at the Virus Gate. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.