A small town Uglich has stood on the picturesque bank of the great river for over a thousand years. Do you want to penetrate into its centuries-old secrets? Ugly by birth and a guide by vocation, I will reveal to you all, even the darkest, secrets of the city. From the murder of the last descendant of the Rurikovichs to the birth of the Chaika watch factory, you will walk through the eras of Uglich and study its modern face. Entertaining facts and legends will help you immerse yourself in history, and the golden domes of churches, old streets and views of the Volga will amaze you with their beauty and tranquility. You will see Uglich through the eyes of its inhabitant - cozy and interesting. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.91 from 45 reviews RUB 2500 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Immersion in the chronicles and legends of the millennial Uglich The path to the knowledge of the city will pass through all its iconic places. You will see old churches, monasteries, majestic cathedrals, the Uglich Kremlin and even visit a healing spring. The walk will cover
- Central Uspenskaya Square - in the heart of the city, you will learn about its foundation and about the peculiarities of the auctions that took place on the square.
- Profitable house of Messrs. Evreinovs, nowadays the administration of Uglich - at the construction of the end of the 19th century we will talk about the habits, customs and way of life of modern townspeople.
- Transfiguration Cathedral, inside which I will share with you the locals' guesses about the origin of its frescoes.
- Church of Tsarevich Demetrius on the Blood - on the way to the sacred building, you will hear two versions about the murder of the last descendant of the Rurikovichs. In the church itself, examine the murals and understand how they were created and why there is such an unusual floor.
- Chamber of Uglich appanage princes - at the exposition of the 17-18 centuries we will discuss the Time of Troubles and local legends about the life of the Uglich people during the time of Peter I and Catherine the Great.
- Epiphany monastery - on its territory you will explore the architecture and history of four temples, and after that you will drink water at the healing spring, the composition of which is similar to the Georgian Borjomi.
- Alekseevsky monastery, where I will explain why one of the temples was nicknamed "wondrous", and I will show the main icon of Uglich. In addition, you will hear a legend about cats that have been living near the monastery for many years.
Of course, my story will also touch upon the famous factories of Uglich - the manufacture of watches "Chaika" and the cheese factory. I will advise where to buy local products and disclose the details of setting up these businesses. You will learn everything about the city from the moment of its foundation to the present day.
- Additional costs: entrance tickets and a guided tour to the territory of the Kremlin - the cost depends on the number of travelers (check in the correspondence)
- This is a walking tour. Please choose comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
The beginning of the excursion at the Uspenskaya Square. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.