Have you long dreamed of finding treasures, climbing the ruins of ancient castles? Come to the Baltic, a lost corner of medieval history. The Knights of the Teutonic Order left us a legacy of a chain of ruined and dilapidated castles on the western coast of the Baltic. They excite the imagination of lovers of the Middle Ages. Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration 6 hours Children Without children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 5 reviews RUB 3600 per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
- Start - in Kaliningrad, approximately at 9-10 am, for sleepyheads it is possible later, we meet at the Cathedral of Kaliningrad, where I will tell you about the history of the creation of the Teutonic Order, its castles.
- Then we will drive by car through the historic Brandenburg Gate to the Baltic coast (travel time is a little over an hour), on the way we will stop at the ruins of the Brandenburg castle in the village of Ushakovo, listen to medieval music, and look for the Templar treasures.
- Then we will stop in the village of Ladushkin (Ludwigsort), bow to the oldest oak tree in the Kaliningrad region - the place of worship of the ancient Prussians.
- The main point of our route is the Balga Castle - the first castle built by the knights of the Teutonic Order on the territory of the present Kaliningrad region, the cobblestones of which are only 800 years old lead to it. Using this fortress as a base for further conquests, the knights moved deep into the Prussian territories, and we, on our own, will hold a knightly tournament here. I will tell you why this place is a tidbit for any historian, which is still poorly surveyed. We will walk along the wonderful beaches of this forgotten corner of the western Baltic, explore the remains of the pier and the ruins of an ancient castle. Walking time is at least 2 hours.
- Tired, we can dine as you wish, both outdoors on the beach and at the Haus Hafen in the village of Ushakovo, where we will enjoy German cuisine with a Prussian accent.
- On the way home, we will definitely look at a wonderful shop near the village of Pyatidorozhny and buy meat delicacies, locally produced.
- The Balga Castle excursion involves a long walk along the seaside, so dress comfortably.
- Lunch at the Haus Hafen tavern is paid separately (350-500 rubles for an adult).
- Visiting castles, the beach, a fun picnic - free of charge.
- We will explore the castles almost all day, so the return to Kaliningrad is expected by 17:00. Finish in Kaliningrad at your hotel, if you are tired of the standard hotel service, I will help you conveniently settle in the private sector
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion.