I invite you on an exciting journey to the Dead Sea, during which we will visit ancient architectural and religious monuments, as well as enjoy the nature of this place. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 per 1 review € 250 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
The first day
- Departure from Jerusalem. The ancient Red Road leads from the Jerusalem Mountains to the Dead Sea. For thousands of years, armies, pilgrims and caravans of merchants marched along it. The road was named so because of the color of its stones, stained with human blood.
- In the Museum of the Good Samaritan, we will read, discuss and understand the biblical parable of the same name. We will see mosaics of ancient synagogues and churches, which are collected from all over Israel.
- We will visit the oldest city in Israel, Jerekhon, which is already 9000 years old. We will see the excavations of the biblical walls and the palace of Caliph Hisham, Sycamore and the source, the waters of which were purified by the prophet Elijah.
- We will climb the funicular to Mount Karantal, to the monastery, where, according to Christian tradition, the devil tempted Jesus.
- We will approach the waters of the Jordan River, in the very place where John urged the people to be cleansed of sins and where Jesus plunged into the water and the holy spirit descended on him, where the waters of the river parted before the disciple of Moses, Jesus Nun. Those who wish will be able to plunge in and confirm their baptism
- In the evening, rest at the hotel on the shores of the Dead Sea.
- We will rise to the Masada Fortress, the last stronghold of the Jewish rebels against Rome.
- Then we will rest in an oasis in the Ein Gedi desert.
- We will visit Qumran, from the community of which the ideas of communism and the monastic movement originated 200 years before the birth of Christianity.
- We will visit the “AHAVA” factory shop, where you can buy Dead Sea cosmetics. and after swimming in the Dead Sea you can return to Jerusalem or continue your vacation here.
- Please note that the best time to start this trip is 7am. This will help us avoid traffic jams.
- Transportation costs are paid additionally (to the driver on the spot) - specify the exact amount in the correspondence. Also, entrance tickets are not included in the price.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion. Outside the cityHistory and architecture20Dead Sea2Masada1