I invite the guests of our region to make a wonderful road trip along the colorful road to the ancient village of Listvyanka, located in the south of the western coast of Lake Baikal at the source of the Angara River and which got its name from the larches growing here. Individual excursion for 1-4 people Duration 8 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car 1500 rubles per person
- We will begin our road trip from the historical center of Irkutsk, passing by the most ancient stone temples and lacy houses of wooden architecture.
- Our way to Listvyanka is 68 km along the Baikal tract. On the way, I will present you with a small excursion into the history and modernity of the Irkutsk land.
- In Listvyanka, first of all, of course, you need to enjoy the clean air and beautiful views of the sacred Lake Baikal, see the largest source of the river in the world with a width of 863 m - the source of the Angara River, the famous Shaman-stone, the port of Baikal and Listvennichny Bay, see and visit the world's only museum of Baikal, where you can take a virtual, almost 3D, tour to the bottom of Lake Baikal (Bathyscaphe), as well as St. Nicholas Church, a thematic art gallery in Krestovaya Pad, enjoy the scenery from one of the best panoramic sites of Lake Baikal from a height 755 m - Chersky stone.
- Also in Listvyanka you can ride ATVs, bicycles, take walks on the water, watch the show of trained Baikal seals, taste the traditional Baikal omul and grayling, take a walk along the coast and dream about the future by the crystal clear water of the bay..
- Our trip involves free time on the shores of Lake Baikal for a walk, rest, a tourist lunch, independent visits to museums, the Baikal seal aquarium, an Orthodox church, an exhibition of paintings, a visit to the local spontaneous market to buy Baikal souvenirs and Baikal fish.
Chekhov about Listvyanka
In the summer of 1890, Anton Pavlovich Chekhov drove along the Baikal tract and wrote to his relatives: “We drove to Baikal along the bank of the Angara, which originates from Baikal and flows into the Yenisei. See the map. The shores are picturesque. Mountains and mountains, the mountains are covered with forests. The weather was wonderful, quiet, sunny, warm; I rode and for some reason felt that I was unusually healthy; I felt so good that it was impossible to describe. This is probably because the Angara coast looks like Switzerland. Something new and original. We drove along the bank, drove to the mouth (or rather, to the source. - author) and turned left; here is the shore of Lake Baikal, which in Siberia is called the sea. Mirror. The banks are high, steep, stony, wooded; headlands are visible to the right and left. It looks like Crimea. Listvenichnaya station is located near the water and is strikingly similar to Yalta; if the houses were white, Yalta would be completely. Only there are no buildings on the mountains, since the mountains are too steep and you cannot build on them …"
The excursion is suitable for groups of up to 4 people, it is possible with children who want to spend the whole day on the picturesque coast of Lake Baikal, ready for hiking in the village.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion. Baikal