On this eventful and unconventional excursion, we will walk along the medieval streets of the Old Town and the busy avenues of the modern business center. You can immerse yourself in the history of medieval Tallinn and at the same time feel the pulse of its modern life. I will tell you how the city lived and how it earned in the Middle Ages and now. You will compare two different and distant eras, highlight the advantages and disadvantages of each, and understand how harmoniously they are still combined in the appearance and traditions of the capital. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Without children How it goes On foot Rating 4.93 on 15 reviews € 45 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
- We will start at Town Hall Square Lower town, where the serf peasant had the opportunity to become free. I will tell you about the Hanseatic League, its significance in the history of Tallinn's trade and the life of merchants.
- We'll get around Old city Tallinn through the winding medieval streets. You will learn how the townspeople lived in those days.
- Let's rise in Vyshgorodwhere you will see castle of governors of kings - Toompea and Parliament of the Republic of Estonia… Here I will briefly talk about eight centuries of foreign rule in the Estonian lands, thanks to which the building of the Estonian parliament is unique in its kind.
- Let's admire Dome Cathedral and even go inside to see with one eye the ancient decoration of the ancient tomb of the knights (if the cathedral is open).
- We will visit observation deck of the Upper Town, from where there is a beautiful view of the red roofs of Nizhny Novgorod.
- Let's go down to Lower town, let's take a look at one of contemporary art galleries (if open), I will tell you about contemporary art in Estonia.
- Next, let's go to the ruins of the Dominican monasteryand I will tell a love story captured on a 15th century tombstone.
- Let's go to medieval fortress, where you will find out why our wall is called "maiden".
- Next, let's go to Rotermann quarterwhere industrial architecture of the 19th century is surprisingly intertwined with the modern architecture of our time. The quarter attracts not only by its beauty and architectural contrasts, but also by the fact that at the planning stage, a Feng Shui specialist was invited here, who analyzed the area from the point of view of bio-geology and the attractiveness of this place for people. Let's try to feel if a specially organized space influences us.
- Next, we will find ourselves in a modern business center Tallinn, the so-called "City". This area attracts with glass skyscrapers. I will talk about the architecture of hotels, office buildings and banks. The beauty and style of modern Tallinn buildings deserve a separate story. Tallinn architects are in demand not only in Estonia, but also in other countries.
- And if you have a desire, we will climb the top of one of the tallest hotels city center.
As a result, you will discover not only the past of Tallinn, but also understand how the city lives today, admire the architectural achievements of the Estonian capital, feel the rhythm of a modern city, from which, nevertheless, there is always an opportunity to escape without unnecessary efforts several centuries ago - to enjoy the atmosphere of the past centuries. surrounded by old streets, houses and towers.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.