This excursion is a real immersion in the culture of Korea and a journey through time, because Seoul is one of those cities where you can easily slide through the eras, moving from one block to another. Individual excursion for 1-8 people Duration 4 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 3 reviews € 192 per excursion Price for 1-8 people, regardless of the number of participants
Over the past thirty years, Korea has made an extraordinary leap from poverty to prosperity, from a rigid traditional culture to globalization. I will talk about this and show the different facets of the city and of Korean life itself. We will consider not only buildings and landmarks, but also people. Modern Seoul is an amazing kaleidoscope of traditions, styles, religions. It's incredibly interesting to watch! Especially if you walk around the city with the proper amount of curiosity and a knowledgeable person. Everyone will discover their Korea here!
- Here we are at the main gate of the palace, built in the 15th century, and in a few minutes we are already walking along the Seoul streets of the 19th century.
- A couple more blocks, and we are in Korea 60s - an impoverished Asian country with all the necessary attributes: narrow streets, tiny houses for several families and endless food shops.
- In one of the courtyards behind an old wooden gate, a Buddhist prayer is quietly ringing, there is a small Buddhist temple, and at the other end of the street life is in full swing, there are huge cauldrons in which noodles and beef tail soup are cooked.
- Just a few passages, and we are already on a wide modern avenue, clad in glass and concrete.
I will suggest a ton of places, from ancient temples and traditional markets to super modern neighborhoods. You will choose those that will be of interest to you.
What I want to tell you about:
- Story. The main stages in the development of Korea from antiquity to the present day, where the Koreans came from (legends and historical facts), the history of Seoul, the history of Korea in the 20th century, the Korean War and the history of the Korean economic miracle, the development and structure of the Korean language and Korean writing (Hangul). Telling about history, I do not just supply you with dry facts, I have in stock many interesting historical details about the fate of real people, palace intrigues, great battles and just everyday life. History is life and it is always multifaceted and exciting.
- Culture. Korean traditions and holidays, family relationships (I can tell about this from my own experience), how traditional values still operate in modern Korea and how they change, the famous Korean workaholism, traditional costume, traditional arts and crafts (I will give advice on choosing souvenirs), the influence of neighbors, primarily China and Japan.
- Architecture and urban planning. The arrangement of a traditional Korean house, the symbolism of old buildings and some modern buildings, the construction and development of Seoul as a capital.
Walking with me around Seoul, you seem to relive the eras of its historical development, you will better understand the life and culture of the city and, accordingly, the whole country, and you will definitely find something close to yourself in the bright whirlpool of forms, styles, traditions and tastes.
- I have a good experience walking with children. I will be able to find places that are interesting for the whole family.
- This is a walking tour in the historic center of Seoul. There are practically no transportation costs. If necessary, we can drive up somewhere to save time: 5 minutes by taxi - 3-4 dollars.
- If we go outside the old city, for example, to the other side of the Han River, taxi costs can be $ 20- $ 35.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.