A walk through the city center will take you on a journey back in time from 1604 to the present day. Tomsk will show different faces: a border fortress, a place of exile, a trade and administrative center. You will see the iconic places of the city, learn about its development in different centuries, hear local legends and feel the spirit of antiquity. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 3 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.92 from 39 reviews RUB 3250 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
You will see the walls of a wooden fortress; a church that has been hovering over the city for two hundred years. Read an advertising sign from a century ago; walk along the street along which the rebel writer A. Radishchev, the ideologist of anarchism M. Bakunin, the exiled Decembrist G. Batenkov walked. Get to know the ironic monuments that adorn our city.
- We will start our walk where Tomsk was founded. Let's go up to the observation deck and see the city from the height of the fire tower. Here, on Voskresenskaya Hill, you can take pictures in old Russian costumes; they are rented at the Museum of Tomsk History (50 rubles per costume).
- Past the Polish Church, along the oldest street in the city, we will reach the Resurrection Church, which began to be built back in the 18th century. We will see the Siberian Tsar Bell.
- Along the street, which bore the amazing name of Raskat, we will go down to the merchants' mansions and the Governor's Quarter.
- The Governor's Quarter is an open-air museum: a cathedral, old trade buildings, memorable "century-old" pillars, a monument to A.P. Chekhov, which has already become one of the symbols of our city. Modern buildings and fountains, a chapel and a monument to V.I. Lenin - everything was confused in this square.
You will learn:
- the history of the founding of the city;
- the role of Tomsk in the 17th century as a frontier fortress and outpost for the further advance of the Russians to the east;
- what contribution did the exiles make to the development of the city;
- about the formation in the 18th century in Tomsk of the world's longest land road: the Siberian highway and the role of this road in the development of the city;
- the contribution of wealthy merchants to the development of the city;
- about the market square, which was located in Tomsk from the beginning of the 17th century to the middle of the 20th century;
- about major changes in Tomsk after gaining the status of a provincial city;
- and much more.
Thus, getting acquainted with the main sights of the city, you will trace its development in different eras, imbued with the atmosphere of the past and learn about the historical events, thanks to which the spirit and appearance of modern Tomsk was formed.
- I draw your attention: tickets to the observation deck of the Resurrection Mountain are paid additionally: 50 rubles. per person.
- This is a walking tour, so you should dress for the weather and go for a walk in comfortable shoes.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.