Candidate of Historical Sciences, author of the TV program "Power of Fact" on the TV channel "Culture" and screenwriter of 15 films about the history and culture of our country will tell about the grandiose achievements and propaganda myths of the Soviet Union in the region of VDNKh - the most famous exhibition in our country and explain why of this great and great country. Individual excursion for 1-4 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.94 on 17 reviews RUB 5460 per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
VDNKh was not just the main exhibition of the Soviet Union, it was a myth embodied in reality about the possibility of communism in one separate country. Since the late 1930s, it was here that guests of the capital discovered the achievements of the Land of the Soviets. In the pavilions of VDNKh, Soviet people saw the first Sputnik and an automatic cutlet machine, an operating nuclear reactor and the first computers. But the achievements did not save the Soviet Union. Perhaps the saddest monument of the exhibition is the Friendship of Peoples fountain. Monument to a country that no longer exists.
The VDNKh area is not only an Exhibition and not just a small piece of Moscow. This is the image of a great country that occupied 1/6 of the land. The iconic symbols of the country are located here: the monument to the Worker and Collective Farm Woman by Vera Mukhina - a participant in the world exhibition in Paris, the monument to the Conquerors of Space - a chronicle of space achievements, the Ostankino TV Tower, the largest building in Europe, and much more.
- For three hours we will plunge into the atmosphere of Soviet history and mythology. I will tell you about the history of the construction and planning of the exhibition, about the role of propaganda in Soviet culture.
- At the Square of Collective Farms (or the Square of Friendship of Peoples), we will learn how the Soviet Union changed, which republics and for what reasons were part of it. And what was more real achievements or propaganda at VDNKh?
- During the tour, I will tell you about famous films that were filmed at the exhibition, catering, transport, trade.
- If desired, guests can have a bite to eat in restaurants of national cuisine or at the farmers' market.
- After passing through the shady Ostankino Park, we will go to the Moscow Television Center and Ostankino TV Tower, where we will finish our walk.
After the excursion, those who wish can visit many entertainments and museums located at VDNKh and in its environs: Moscowpark, Museum of Cosmonautics, Kinopanorama, etc. The price of attractions is not included in the price of the excursion. Plans to visit some of them (the observation deck of the Ostankino TV tower) must be notified in advance to agree on the time.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion.