Nizhny Novgorod is a city near two large Russian rivers, the Oka and Volga. And his story began where once landed, going down the Oka, the ships of the Vladimir prince, now this place is the Nizhne-Volzhskaya embankment. The horns of steamers, the cries of seagulls, the splash of water - once it was crowded and noisy here. Today it is a walking area for Nizhny Novgorod residents and guests of the city. On this bike tour you will enjoy wonderful views of the confluence of two rivers and the city, admire the sights and learn about the history and inhabitants of Nizhny Novgorod. Individual excursion for 1-6 people Duration 2 hours Children Without children How it goes By bike Rating 4.8 on 15 reviews 2800 rubles per tour Price for 1-6 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
I will tell:
- about the history of Nizhny Novgorod as a place where ships, sailing, burlak, steam, motor ships and rockets on hydrofoils have always moored
- about the unique engineering structures of Nizhny Novgorod, which have no analogues in Europe, about the Nizhny Novgorod water supply and sewerage system at the Fair, including,
- about the people who created the glory and wealth of one of the brightest old Russian cities, "the pocket of Russia", for several centuries, including the merchants-Old Believers who preferred to live and do business closer to the bustle of the river port,
- about the names of rivers, geographical location, peculiarities of nature and landscape of Nizhny Novgorod and its environs.
Thus, you will combine active rest with an educational excursion, learn a lot about the development of Nizhny Novgorod and its inhabitants, enjoy the impressive views and be sure to fall in love with the history of our merchant city.
- From the Narodny Unity Square we will ride bicycles along the Volga bank, past the “Hero” boat to the foot of the huge Chkalovskaya staircase, and then to the old Kolchin-Kurbatov factory.
- We will pass all the old Rozhdestvenskaya Street and the Annunciation Monastery, rich in architectural monuments.
- On the banks of the Oka, we will plunge into the patriarchal silence of the old merchant street of Chernigovskaya, see a unique architectural monument - Romodanovsky railway station.
- We will end the excursion at an abandoned corner of the Nizhny Novgorod antiquity with a picturesque water tower, an old water pumping station and modern graffiti, from where we will return to the rental point or the bus stop.
- Total round trip length - 12 km
- Bicycle rental is paid separately (150 rubles per hour). There are rental points on Rozhdestvenskaya Street. No deposit is required, but an appointment is required.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.