Holy places require a special attitude towards themselves - walks through them must be thoughtful and unhurried. Otherwise, you will see only objects of temple architecture, without realizing why they were built here, what is their role in people's lives, what drama is often hidden behind the history of many religious buildings. Individual excursion for 1–8 people Duration 7 hours Children Can be with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 by 12 reviews from 8700 rub. for 1-3 people or 2800 rubles. per person if there are more of you
Along a dizzying serpentine road, we will take you with a breeze to the most ancient shrines and sights of New Athos. I will tell you how 2000 years ago the first Christians, exiled from the Roman Empire to these fertile lands, settled here a new religion.
And most importantly, I will take you to those places that are almost never included in excursions around New Athos, and people usually have time to see only the Monastery and the cave of Simon the Canaanite. I tried to work out the route so that you had enough time, and you could walk through the shrines of Abkhazia without haste and fuss.
- We will visit the famous New Athos Monastery and the majestic Cathedral of the Great Martyr Panteleimon, where we will check the clock on the chimes presented by the Emperor to the monastery
- We will examine the ancient church where the relics of one of the 12 apostles, Simon the Canaanite, rest
- Take a photo against the backdrop of a beautiful arched dam with a waterfall
- Let's go to the openwork royal pavilion hanging over the lake - the old railway platform Psyrtskha
- Through the river Psyrtskha we will go to one of the main shrines of Abkhazia - the cave of Simon Kananita. Having prayed in the sacred grotto, we will admire the images of crosses, icons and lamps
- Let's touch the holy spring, where, as the legend says, it heals from all ailments
- We will climb the slope of the mountain, where, at an altitude of 345 m above sea level, the ruins of the Anakopia fortress of the II-IV centuries and an ancient temple in honor of the great martyr Theodore Tiron are preserved. From a bird's eye view, a stunning view of New Athos opens up, where, of course, we will take unforgettable photos
- Then we will go down to the New Athos Seaside Park, where the writers Anton Chekhov and Maxim Gorky rested, we will have a cup of aromatic coffee and admire the black and white swans
Anakopia fortress - 200 rubles / person; the grotto of Simon Kananita - 200 rubles / person. If you wish, you can visit the New Athos cave - 500 rubles / person.
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.