This sightseeing walk was created for those who want to touch the origins of the richest ancient Russian culture. I will open for you the brightest pages of the history of Ancient Rus, I will help you understand the significance of the events of the past. I will introduce you to the stunning buildings of the pre-Mongol era, in each of which the soul of Russian architecture sings. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 5 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.82 from 111 reviews RUB 3600 per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Legends of ancient Vladimir During our walk you will touch the history of Ancient Russia, walking along the most picturesque streets of its ancient capital - Vladimir. I will tell you about the formation of the city, its glorious past, and help you understand the features of its distinctive architectural appearance. You will not only immerse yourself in the times of the great princes and their retinues, but also try to solve some of the mysteries of history yourself
Masterpieces of pre-Mongol architecture You will see several stunning buildings from the times of Ancient Rus, for which Vladimir and the nearby village of Bogolyubovo, the old residence of Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky, are famous. The route includes 5 iconic monuments of pre-Mongol architecture, which we will examine from the outside
- Golden Gate, which were erected in the image and likeness of the Gates of Kiev, Constantinople and Jerusalem. The gate, perfectly preserved to this day, served not only as a defensive structure, but also as a triumphal arch of the capital of Russia.
- Assumption Cathedral, conceived by Prince Andrei Bogolyubsky as the main cathedral of All Russia and painted by the legendary icon painter Andrei Rublev.
- Dmitrievsky Cathedral - a magnificent example of stone carved decor, erected by Vsevolod the Big Nest. The whimsical lace façade of this cathedral is endless to see!
- Remains of the castle of Andrey Bogolyubsky, a unique monument of pre-Mongol civil architecture.
- Church of the Intercession on the Nerl … For many, this church is the most perfect church in Russia: it is considered the standard of harmony of proportions and incredibly harmonizes with the beautiful meadows and rivers surrounding it.
You will also see less significant, but no less interesting places: the cathedral, created according to the revised drawings of the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, the Assumption Cathedral of the Knyagin's Monastery with 17th century frescoes, old churches and much more.
In the heat in Bogolyubovo, you can swim in the Nerl River - if you want, take your bathing accessories with you.
Important On holidays, the tour is conducted only in a group format and by car. A trip is possible both on your car and on mine. Group format implies a discount, which will depend on the size of the group. I will definitely inform you of all the details when placing an order (before making an advance payment)
- A shortened excursion route is possible, which includes all the most interesting in the central part of Vladimir, its cost is 2400 rubles
- The tour can be organized with your car or - for an additional fee - with my car. Also, the route can be made completely on foot.
- As a VIP service, an excursion is offered on the restored GAZ-21, the legendary example of the Soviet automobile structure
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.