With the onset of evening in the Vatican, the rumble of voices subsides, galleries and halls are filled with coolness, and sculptures in the light of the setting sun acquire special soft outlines. Together with me you will visit the main Vatican museums, learn about the intrigues of the popes and visit their apartments, see the masterpieces of world art and learn to notice their peculiarities. And then touch the traditions of the Catholic Church within the walls of the Sistine Chapel, which became the greatest work of the Renaissance. Individual excursion for 1-4 people Duration 3 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 per 1 review € 260 per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Acquaintance with the masterpieces of the Vatican Museums In the evening, the Vatican galleries are no longer so overwhelmed with tourists, so you can see the most important exhibits of the papal collections without fuss and rush. You will admire the dome of St. Peter's Basilica in the rays of the setting sun from the open terrace, walk through the Pine Courtyard, and then open the door to the world of Vatican museums. You will learn about the peculiarities of Greek and Roman sculptures in the Pio Clementino Museum, visit the Zoo with marble animals, get acquainted with the unique collections of the Candelabra galleries, Tapestries and Geographic maps of the 16th century. Along the way, I will talk about the creation of the most important works of art and help you gain insight into the secrets of the famous Renaissance masters
Vatican secrets in the apartments of the popes We will visit the apartments of the popes, whose names are associated with key events in the history of the Vatican. One such figure is Pope Alexander VI Borgia, who was considered one of the most intelligent men of his time and was involved in endless palace intrigues. In the apartments and bedroom of the Pope, you will look at the 15th century murals by Pinturicchio and his students and find out why, after the death of Alexander VI, these premises were closed and none of the popes wanted to live here. Then we will visit the apartments chosen by Pope Julius II, which deserve special attention: the Pope commissioned the painting of the premises to the young artist Raphael and his students. In the Stanzas of Raphael, you will see the famous frescoes "The School of Athens" and "Dispute", the subjects of which are dedicated to the sacrament of the sacrament and the glorification of the church
The Sistine Chapel: A Story of Excellence In the Sistine Chapel, where the election of a new pope is still held, you will discover the secrets and intricacies of the Vatican's ceremonies. I will tell you what the chapel looked like in the Middle Ages and to whom it owes to today's beauty, striking the imagination. You will examine in detail the frescoes that became the personification of the Renaissance era, on which the great Michelangelo worked for many years, as well as Botticelli, Perugino, Ghirlandaio and Cosimo Rossellia.
- Entrance fees that guarantee skip-the-line entry to the Vatican Museums are not included in the tour price … You can buy them yourself on the official website of the Vatican Museums: an adult ticket costs 21 euros (ticket + reservation on the website), a child ticket (from 6 to 18 years old) costs 12 euros, children under 6 years old do not need a ticket.
- Important: It is recommended to book tickets no later than 10 days before the start of the tour (tickets to the Vatican Museums cannot be returned, but it is possible to reschedule the date or time).
- Ticket purchase address: https://biglietteriamusei.vatican.va/musei/tickets/ (you need to select NIGHT OPENINGS (second line from the top), then Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel, then month, number of people, date, time (indicate the start time of the excursion, for example, 19:30), surnames and names of all participants and "buy").
- Purchased tickets (vouchers) must be printed or saved on the phone the first page.
- If you have any difficulties with the order or questions, I will be glad to help.
- Important: To enter the Vatican you need a document proving your identity.
- When visiting the Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica, your clothing should cover your shoulders, knees and décolleté. Do not bring large bags, umbrellas with a cane, or any liquids in the glass.
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion. Museums and Art Vatican City 13 Sistine Chapel 6 Evening and Night 11