On an excursion in a group of up to 30 people, you will visit the ancient centers of the southern coast of Turkey. In Mir, you will learn about the construction of the Roman amphitheater, in Demre you will follow in the footsteps of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, and then go on a yacht to the island of Kekova to swim in the sea and see the ruins of the city of Dolyhiste that has sunk under the water. Group excursion Duration 11 hours Group size up to 30 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus Rating 4.4 on 5 reviews € 37 per person
What awaits you
- Antique Mirawhere streets, paved in the 5th century BC, lead you to the rock tombs of the Lycian Union era and the Roman amphitheater carved into the rock. The guide will tell you why the theater was the center of the city's life, what ancient theatrical performances were like, as well as how naval battles, court hearings and sacrifices took place.
- Church of St. Nicholas 6th century in the city of Demre. You will walk along the mosaic floor, view the preserved frescoes of the 11th century and hear stories about the life of the saint. On the walls there will be symbols atypical for the church - card suits: the guide will tell you how worms, tambourines, spades and clubs have to do with religion and why in Christianity playing cards is considered a sin. And at the monument to St. Nicholas in the image of Santa Claus, you will find out where the tradition of Christmas gifts originates.
- Sunken Dolihiste, which ended up at the bottom of the sea after the earthquake. On a yacht, you will go to the bays of the island of Kekova to see the ruins of ancient baths, fragments of residential buildings and the top of the sarcophagus. And then you can swim in the purest waters of the Mediterranean Sea and relax on the beachfront of Kekova.
- The tour will be led by one of our team's professional guides
- The tour takes place on a 30-seat bus. We will pick you up from your hotel and drive you back after the tour.
- On the way, we will make a stop where you can have breakfast.
- Entrance to Mira and the church is paid for adults and children from 8 years old
- In the middle of the route, lunch is provided at a restaurant (included in the price of the excursion)
The tour starts at your hotel. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.