Only an hour drive from St. Petersburg - and we are on a small island at the source of the Neva, where the legendary Oreshek fortress is located. You will touch the eras of Swedish battles and Peter's conquests, learn about the defense of the fortress during the siege, visit the key buildings of the citadel and see the surroundings from the height of the Golovina Tower. Group excursion Duration 7 hours Group size up to 25 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By bus Rating 4.8 on 10 reviews 2100 rubles per person
What awaits you
Chronicles of the impregnable nut You will see the centuries-old history of the fortress, which has been the most important outpost of Russia since the 14th century. We will talk about the medieval struggle with the Swedes, the conquests of Peter I and the times when Oreshek served as a political prison. Members of the royal family, disgraced favorites and Decembrists, participants in uprisings, the first wife of Peter I and Emperor John VI - you will learn about the eminent prisoners of the fortress and the events associated with them. And, of course, let us touch on the theme of the Great Patriotic War, when the defenders of the Oreshek fortress survived after almost 500 days of artillery shelling, did not allow the enemy to close the blockade ring around Leningrad and saved the "Road of Life"
Secrets of serf architecture Once on the island, you will get acquainted with the Oreshka defense system, look into the key buildings of the fortress and understand their purpose. We will visit the rectangular Tsar's tower, one of the most interesting structures of the fortress, and talk about the engineering tricks of its builders. Consider an impregnable inner citadel with three towers connected by a battle passage and galleries for storing food and ammunition. And we will also go up to the observation deck of the powerful Golovina tower, from where a wonderful view of Lake Ladoga and the Neva will open.
- The bus tour starts and ends in St. Petersburg.
- We go to the Oreshek fortress by bus, and then we take a boat to the island where the fortress itself is located. The crossing takes 10-15 minutes.
- The tour will be guided by one of our professional team guides.
- The price includes entrance tickets to the Oreshek Fortress.
- Please bring warm clothes and comfortable shoes
- On the excursion, you must have personal protective equipment (masks, gloves) with you. In their absence, museums have the right to refuse to visit
- Don't forget to take your PASSPORT with you
- Before the start of the excursion, you can optionally buy Petersburg guidebooks and small souvenirs
The excursion starts at Gostiny Dvor. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.