In the program, I have collected hidden places that are almost impossible to find on your own. In labyrinths of streets, ancient churches and picturesque courtyards a stone's throw from the main arteries, you will hear stories, legends and facts from the life of modern Milanese, after which Milan will never be the same again. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration 3 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 by 4 reviews € 188 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
In the footsteps of the ancients and greats You will see where the Roman emperors lived in ancient Milan and where they went to watch quadriga races. Discover a 4th century mosaic from the Imperial Palace beneath your feet. You will visit the place where the Apostle Barnabas baptized the ancient Celts 2000 years ago. Discover the place that Leonardo da Vinci called the heart of Milan, and find out if the genius was right - I'll tell you what archaeologists have found here. You will find stone beasts from the Middle Ages in the unforgettable courtyard of the church, founded in the 4th century. There you will also see the sign of the Knights Templar and learn how the modern Knights Templar are related to the Freemasons. Once inside, take a look at a rare portrait mosaic
Unexplored and curious details You will visit the only church in the world that has a star on its dome, not a cross. Hear how Friedrich Barbarossa is connected with this place and why the Milanese took revenge on him and his wife so funny. Take a look at the picturesque courtyard of the "secret museum" and see some of its treasures. Find out why sneezing people began to say "Be healthy!", And how it relates to the Renaissance fresco in the most picturesque church in Milan. And also get acquainted with the history of the creation of indecent sculpture in front of the iconic building of the fascist era and the old secret of the Stock Exchange building
Besides, You will walk along the narrowest street of the city, where the worst maniac in its history was operating (this part of the walk will not be held for children, pregnant women and impressionable people). You will find out why Milan is a city on water, what “Milan” actually means and how it relates to water and Tolkien's books. Where have all the Milanese rivers and canals gone, and where else can you walk along them. And, of course, we will not ignore the addresses of the best cheese shops, places for aperitifs and ice cream
If you wish, you can also increase the time of the excursion and take a look
- B secret architectural masterpiece, built for the banker of the Medici family, with interesting frescoes and rare Gothic sculpture. You will find out who the horned Madonna and the girl with three faces are. And also go down into the dungeons of the church with antique tombs.
- IN the house where the vineyard once belonged to Leonardo Da Vinci and for which he quarreled violently with his servants. This place is connected with other great artists and collectors - in a word, a Renaissance fairy tale in the center of Milan.
- IN Archaeological Museum with a unique collection of everything found in underground Milan. Here I will tell exciting stories about the most interesting exhibits, and your experience of Milan will never be the same again.
- In addition, you can climb the tower, built almost 2000 years ago, and you will literally see what Milan stands on.
- If this is your first time in Milan, then during the walk you can learn the secrets of its most famous sights. For example, read the message that the builders Milan Cathedral encrypted in its architecture 600 years ago, and you will discover the secrets Sforza castle (viewing the cathedral from the outside without going inside).
Friendly advice from the guide I love to come up with individual routes, so I can create a walk based on your interests. Milan is a huge city, and there are enough secrets for everyone! In addition, I will share with you the addresses where you can go next time: I will tell you how to get to the antiques market, where pink flamingos live in the center of Milan, where a bamboo forest grows, where to go to the best exhibitions of contemporary art. I will do my best to make you fall in love with Milan and want to come back here, knowing that you now have a friend to whom you can always turn for advice
Get ready to walk a lot and take breathtaking photos!
It is possible to expand the program and add: - Dungeon with antique tombs, entrance ticket - 6 euros / person - House of Leonardo da Vinci - 10 euros / person, the guide does not need a ticket. The visit will take another 1 hour, or you can replace one of the places of the main program with it. - Archaeological Museum with a rise to the tower - 5 euros / person, the guide does not need a ticket - Climbing the tower - 5 euros / person, the guide does not need a ticket - Inspection of Milan Cathedral and Sforza Castle will take another 1 hour (without going inside), you can replace it with one of the places of the main program
The meeting point is by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering the excursion.