York is typical England in miniature on the one hand, and an incredible collection of contrasts on the other. On a walk, you will get to know the key places of the city from York Minster to secret streets lined with pubs and old shops. And I will help you to feel the Yorkshire culture and become a real "Yorkie" in a few hours. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 3 reviews £ 90 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Along the streets of York: the whole of Britain in miniature Our route begins with the main symbol of the city - the York Minster Cathedral, which accounts for a good half of all stained glass windows in England. Explore the stunning architectural details of the cathedral, then set out to explore a city where the Romans, Vikings, Normans and Anglo-Saxons have made their mark. I'll show you the key places without which York would not be York
- At St William's College, let's talk about the city's spiritual patron.
- Consider the towers of the medieval fortress wall and find out why the Yorkshire people love King Richard III.
- See the home of the legendary Guy Fawkes and learn about the urban tradition associated with it.
- Explore Stonegate Street with its old signs, shops, shops, legends and ghosts.
- Make your way into the secret streets of York and find out why the Butchers Street is adored by fans of Harry Potter.
- In the iconic chocolate shop, you will discover the secret of the KitKat bars.
- Walk down Fossgate Street with trendy cafes, small pubs and York street food.
- Through the secret door you will go to the Merchant Adventurers Hall and hear its story.
- You will also see the famous Clifford Tower, All Saints Church and the residence of King Kings Manor.
Feel like a real Yorkie! Our walk will not be complete without the history of York, but I will focus on its living modernity. We'll find the smallest pub, reveal the secret of the blue bike, explore old shops and talk about interesting everyday nuances. You will find out what the British eat for breakfast, where they go to travel, what houses they live in. Get ready to visit your favorite local bars, peek into secret courtyards, taste the best cupcake in York and discover what legends lurk behind the doors of completely ordinary buildings.
- The tour starts in York. The city is located in the center of the intersection of railways, so getting here from London is not difficult.
- Walking excursion, calculated for 2.5 hours (without visiting a cafe) or 3 hours (with a stop at a cafe). Payment for the order in the cafe is not included in the tour price (try traditional scons and English Breakfast - about £ 8-9 per person). Please let us know in advance which option suits you so that I can book a table if necessary. Also in the cafe you can discuss all your questions about life in England.
Start of the excursion near the monument to Emperor Constantine opposite York Cathedral. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.