The roads from Tyrol to Bavaria are some of the most striking routes to the famous castle. You will appreciate the mountain-alpine landscapes, walk along the world's highest "Tibetan" bridge and see the highest mountain in Germany. Learn about the life of the mysterious king and his grandiose projects. And also relax on the lake and taste excellent Bavarian beer. Individual excursion for 1-7 people Duration 7 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 2 reviews from € 285 for 1-3 people or € 85 per person if you are more
What awaits you
Magical alpine landscapes Along the way, you will see the highest mountain in Germany, the Zugspitze, and can take pictures with it in the background. And also take a look at the world's longest Tibetan-style bridge, thrown directly over the road. On the way back, you can even walk along it if you want to tickle your nerves a little, because its bottom is transparent! All the time you will be accompanied by unsurpassed alpine views "like a picture" and boring conversations about life in Austria through the eyes of locals - let's talk about migrants, living standards, school education and much more
"Swan Village" Schwangau and castles of Ludwig of Bavaria Upon arrival, you will set out to explore the fabulous Hohenschwangau and Neuschwanstein … I will tell you about the non-trivial personality of Ludwig of Bavaria and share the stories of local residents who usually pass by. You will find out how the Bavarians really treated the king, hear the romantic and sad story of relations with Sophia of Bavaria, and uncover versions of the mysterious death of the ruler. Let's talk about how “no one needed locks” turned into a super-profitable tourism business in the region and where part of the money received from the sale of entrance tickets goes
Relax on the lake and Bavarian brewery Alternatively, you can swim or ride a catamaran / boat on the local lake. I will also show you the most beautiful and hidden photo spots so that you can add rare pictures to your collection. On the way back, we can stop by the brewery, where you will taste excellent beer and taste traditional Bavarian cuisine.
- The tour for you will be led by me or another guide from our team.
- We will meet you in Innsbruck, Kitzbuel, Mayrhofen or any other city in Tyrol. And after the excursion we will take you back.
- Travel time to the castle will be about 1.5 hours, with stops and a coffee break (optional) - about 2-2.5 hours.
- note: tickets to castles paid additionally and at will (you don't have to visit, but just enjoy the beauty and take photos). In the castles, the tour is conducted only by the guides of the castle with an audio guide in Russian (or any other language).
- For your convenience, I will book tickets to the castles in advance so that you do not have to stand in lines, and I will try to navigate the route with fewer tourists.
- The cost of a ticket to Neuschwanstein with reservation is 15.5 euros / adult, 2.5 euros / child (up to 18 years old).
- The cost of tickets to 2 castles (Neuschwanstein, Hohenschangau) with reservation - 27.5 euros / adult, 2.5 euros / child (up to 18 years old).
- Suspension bridge ticket price: 8 euros.
- Lift - 6 euros (you can also climb on foot).
- Also included in the price of the excursion food is not included (brewery, coffee breaks).
The excursion starts from a hotel in any city in Tyrol. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.