On a five-hour journey along the shores of the island of Ponza, you will appreciate its beauty from every angle and experience the rich history of the Lazio region. During stops in grottoes and caves, you can swim and see the underwater world. You will also taste delicious pasta made by the captain with cool wine. Group excursion Duration 9 hours Group size up to 10 people Children Without children How it goes By boat € 250 per person
What awaits you
By ferry to Ponza island: the voyage begins! Early in the morning, at 8:00, we will meet at the Anzio train station, get to know each other and after coffee time we will take the ferry to Ponza island. Travel time will be 50 minutes. On the way (and during the forthcoming voyage) I will tell you about the ancient history of this place, first inhabited by the Neanderthals, about the birthplace of great emperors, ancient monuments - the ruins of villas, aqueducts - and grottoes where the Romans grew fish
Five unforgettable hours on a yacht Arriving on the island, you will be transferred to the yacht and set off for a five-hour sail along the entire coastline of the island. There will be several stops at the most beautiful rocky beaches, coves, sea caves and blue grottoes, where you can swim and dive. For lunch, the captain will prepare fantastic pasta and cool wine for you
The charm of the evening Anzio At 4:00 pm, you will return to the port, walk through the streets of the picturesque city, and at 5:30 pm, head back to Anzio, where some more historical notes on the heritage of Ancient Rome await you. And before leaving for Rome, there will be time for an exchange of impressions and a final aperitif in the romantic atmosphere of the evening city
In case of unforeseen weather conditions (storm, strong wind) We will offer you an alternative option - a full-fledged tour of the cities of Anzio and Nettuno, with a visit to the local imperial winery and wine tasting, as well as tasting seafood (oysters, lobsters). You can also relax on the beach, and if you want, we will organize a dinner or a master class on cooking pasta on a yacht.
How to get there
- Participants travel to the meeting point in Anzio on their own.
- From Rome there is a train from Termini station, direction of Nettuno. Travel time is 1 hour 5 minutes.
- The excursion price does not include train tickets (€ 7.2 round trip) and ferry from Anzio to Ponza Island (€ 62 round trip, travel time 1 hour).
Things to keep in mind
- If you have special dietary restrictions or allergies, you will need to take care of lunch yourself, as the boat menu is standard (pasta and drinks - wine, water, coffee; included in the tour price).
- Please bring towels, sunscreen, swimsuit and diving mask (optional).
- If the tour is canceled at the last minute due to a storm, you will be offered an alternative option - its cost (with all tastings) will be 150 euros / person. Dinner / master class on the yacht is not included in the price.
The excursion for you will be led by me or another professional guide from our team.
The beginning of the excursion at the train station of Anzio. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.