The largest exhibition of Leonardo in history has opened in the Louvre. It will run until February 24, and you cannot miss it: the collected creations will help you realize the artist's genius and immerse you in the world of beauty. You yourself will explore the exhibition, and then we will discuss the impressions and walk together in the Louvre - I will easily and fascinatingly tell you about the key exhibits. Group excursion Duration 6 hours Group size up to 8 people Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.94 on 34 reviews € 40 per person
What awaits you
The grandiose exhibition of Leonardo da Vinci It was being prepared for 10 years to be opened in honor of the 500th anniversary of the death of the brilliant artist: the organizers managed to collect 10 canvases and more than a hundred drawings and sculptures. Some were provided by Elizabeth II and Bill Gates. You will see all five paintings that have always been kept in the Louvre; "Portrait of Ginevra de Benchi" from the Washington National Gallery, "St. Jerome" from the Vatican Pinakothek, the famous "Vitruvian Man" from the Academy Gallery in Venice and other masterpieces
After visiting the exhibition on your own, you will have time to relax, drink coffee, buy souvenirs and, if you wish, walk a little in other louvre halls - I will tell you where to go. Then we will meet and go on a tour of the museum together.
General view of the palace museum The construction of the Louvre did not stop for 8 centuries! You will learn about the main periods in its history, about the features of the interiors and facades - such an excursion and a walk through the medieval Louvre will help to imagine the life of the residence of the French kings
Must-see in the Louvre The prestige and pride of the Louvre is its art collection: 550 thousand items, 35 thousand of which are presented in the halls. You can study them for years, but during the excursion you will have time to get acquainted with the most significant and famous exhibits
- The Great Sphinx of Tanis is the oldest "inhabitant" of the Louvre and the largest Sphinx outside Egypt;
- Venus de Milo is an ancient Greek sculpture of the goddess of love and beauty. I will tell you about its origin, name and meaning in world art;
- Nika of Samothrace - a sculpture of the goddess of victory, delighting with the dynamics of movement;
- Mysterious "La Gioconda", which did not go to the exhibition and remained in its place. You will catch the eye of the third lady of the Louvre and understand why this particular picture is known to the whole world;
- Botticelli's frescoes are a rare example of this Renaissance artist's work outside Italy;
- Slaves of Michelangelo - two sculptures of another representative of the Renaissance, which were not included in the final project of the tomb of Pope Julius II and thus ended up in France;
- Two of the Louvre's largest paintings are The Marriage at Cana of Galilee, Napoleon's Venetian trophy that remained in the Louvre thanks to a clever exchange, and The Coronation of Napoleon by David, a representative of the neo-classical movement.
In addition, you will find romantic Cupid and Psyche, a portrait of Balthazar Castiglione by the great Raphael, Big Odalisque and other masterpieces of world art.
- note: the exhibition runs from October 24, 2019 to February 24, 2020.
- Our meeting plan: I give you the tickets - you visit the exhibition yourself - free time - a tour of the Louvre with me.
- Louvre tickets paid separately … These include the entrance to the Louvre and the entrance to the Leonardo da Vinci exhibition. There are two options for purchasing them:
1) You buy them yourself on the official website of the Louvre (cost - 17 €). Please note: admission is free for privileged categories of visitors, but the ticket must be issued in a separate section on the same page of the site.
2) I will purchase tickets for you in advance (the cost in this case is € 22 per adult; € 5 for privileged visitors). You only need to write the name and surname of all participants when ordering an excursion, including children under 18 and preferential categories (in Latin letters).
With the same tickets, you can stay at the museum until closing time
- Important: if you bought tickets yourself, please be sure to inform about it in the correspondence on the Tripster.
- Please read carefully the information on the excursion ticket.
The excursion starts near the Louvre. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.