Two towns on our route, Zaanse Schans and Volendam, will reveal all the crafts for which the Netherlands is famous in one day! Ancient windmills and tiny country houses, wooden shoes, delicious fish and excellent cheese - you will immerse yourself in a real Dutch fairy tale in a cozy atmosphere and pleasant company. Group excursion Duration 4.5 hours Group size up to 7 people Children Allowed with children How it goes By car € 85 per person
What awaits you
Zaanse Schans where time stands still First, we will go to the picturesque 17th century village - the open-air museum Zaanse Schans. There is no better place to immerse yourself in the Dutch life: time seems to have stood still here, and the locals are busy with the same crafts as 400 years ago, except that the costumes were changed to more practical ones. You will explore windmills, learn about their history and how they work. You will visit a workshop for the production of the famous klomp shoes and even meet a cat, after which one of the windmills is named
In Volendam - for herring, cheese and stories! The next point of travel is the town of Volendam, famous for its fishing industry and curious stories passed from mouth to mouth. We will appreciate both the first and the second: we will walk along the embankment with charming brick houses, discuss urban legends, and after that we will definitely try the vaunted Volendam herring and smoked eel. In addition, we will visit a cheese shop to taste and buy local cheeses. choosing from an incredible variety of varieties. And let's leave the Dutch waffles for sweet!
The excursion is carried out if at least 2 people have signed up for it. Please, before paying for the order, check with the guide if the excursion will take place.
How the excursion goes
- By minibus in a mini-group up to 7 people with a professional guide and an experienced driver
- The tour starts and ends at Amsterdam Central Station
- The excursion for you will be led by me or another guide from my team
- Also, the excursion can be conducted in an individual format (check with the guide)
What is included in the price and what is not
- Included: transfer by minibus, visit to the Klomp Museum, Albert Heijn Museum and Waffle Museum, cheese tasting
- Paid separately (optional): entrance ticket to the mill - 5 €, drinks and food
- Payment by credit card is possible before the start of the excursion
Please note: the tour runs from March 21st to May 10th.
The excursion starts at the main entrance to the building of the Amsterdam Central Station (Amsterdam Centraal). You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.