On the high banks in the valley of the Protva and Luga rivers, the destinies of two cozy cities are closely intertwined. How and from whom have they reliably defended Moscow and Russia for centuries? You will learn about the fate of Borovsk and Maloyaroslavets, about their heroic past and about life in our time, as well as visit churches and monasteries. Individual excursion for 1-10 people Duration 4 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 4.89 on 9 reviews 3900 rubles per excursion Price for 1-10 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
General chronicle and sights of Moscow region cities In both cities, we will walk through the historic center, see the main monuments and admire the best views
- In Borovsk, we will start at the site of an ancient settlement, then move on to the era when it became the center of the Old Believers and the home of the “violent archpriest” Avvakum and the noblewoman Morozova. We will walk along the streets with merchant buildings of the 18-19th centuries and rich estates - Napoleon stayed in one of them. And let's talk about the 20th century at the unusual monument to the “father of world cosmonautics” Tsiolkovsky, who lived and worked in Borovsk for 12 years.
- In Maloyaroslavets, you will immerse yourself in the times of the Patriotic War of 1812. You will walk along the Memory Square and visit the Nikolo-Chernoostrovsky Monastery, which turned out to be in the center of a bloody battle for the city in October 1812. I will show the traces of bullets and cannonballs on the stone gates and restore before you the events of the tragic days in the floodplain of the Luga River. In addition, the route will cover the central square, the Glory Monument and 19th century houses.
Three villages along the way We will pass the village of Timashovo, which at one time was decorated with manor buildings, and we will remember one of the Itinerant artists. Let's stop in the village of Gorodnya: here, in a peasant hut, Napoleon's headquarters was located. I will tell you about the historic decision taken within these walls. You will also see another ancient village, which turned out to be on the route of the French army - Uvarovsk; ruins of an 18th century church and a manor park.
- The tour starts in the center of Borovsk, where you need to get on your own
- The tour is conducted in your car or rented. For groups up to 19 people. I can rent a minibus (surcharge 6000 rubles).
- The end of the excursion in Borovsk
The excursion starts in the center of Borovsk. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.