This excursion is about how the life of Leningraders flowed during the years of the siege. It contained death, horrors and terrible cold. But there was also a theater, shops, schools, children's circles. Even hairdressers and libraries worked! Walking around the center, we will talk about how Petersburg continued to live, work and rest, dispel the myth of the frozen city and walk through the places of memory of the blockade. Group excursion Duration 2 hours Group size up to 20 people Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.97 from 31 reviews 700 rubles per person
What awaits you
Tales of a simple life in the most difficult times The feat of the Leningraders consisted largely of continuing to live like people: buying books, studying, crying and laughing at performances, preserving the cultural heritage and even keeping an eye on the animals in the zoo. You will learn about the life of the inhabitants during the blockade, about their daily routine and urban habits. Life went alongside death: I will also tell about where people were buried and what sights were adapted for morgues
Memorable places People and St. Petersburg itself remember 900 days of the blockade - streets, houses, bridges. In 2 hours you will see
- The Philharmonic Hall, where the legendary Leningrad Symphony was performed. Find out how she helped defeat the Nazis.
- Theaters that worked throughout the blockade and organized premieres with a full house
- The famous loudspeaker, which broadcast reports from the fronts, and the House of Radio, where broadcasting did not stop for a minute
- Monuments: to the woman taking water from the ice hole, and to the cats who saved Leningrad after the blockade
- The main bookstore of the blockade, a library, a grocery store with its black market and a hairdresser where you had to bring water with you
- Anichkov Bridge with traces of shells, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood; circus on the Fontanka and the Summer Garden, the main "repository" of St. Petersburg sculptures
This is a walking tour at a relaxed pace and at no additional cost.
The beginning of the excursion in the area of the metro station "Gostiny Dvor". You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.