The Hermitage collection is so vast, rich and multifaceted - it costs nothing to get lost in the labyrinths of galleries and halls! My online tour will make your acquaintance with the world of high art orderly and conscious: you will appreciate the splendor of the state rooms, the harmony of ancient sculptures and the skill of painting geniuses - from da Vinci and Raphael to Rubens and Rembrandt. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Possible with children Rating 4.86 on 28 reviews 400 RUB per person
What will you learn
- How generations of the Romanov dynasty created one of the greatest museum collections in the world. Let's figure out what the project of the imperial palace was and why a special role in its fate belongs to Catherine II.
- What were the dazzling state rooms of the Hermitage for? I will tell you where government decisions were made, fateful decrees were announced and what has to do with the ancient "dynasty" of Siberian cats.
- What classical sculptures of Tauride Venus, Jupiter and Athena from the Hermitage collection can tell about the canons, culture and the pantheon of the gods of Antiquity
- What amazing details are hidden in the works of da Vinci and Raphael, Titian, El Greco, Giorgione and Caravaggio. Using their example, we will find out how the ideals of the Renaissance forever changed the vector of world art.
- What mysteries are associated with the key exhibits of the Hermitage: I will tell you what questions are raised by Michelangelo's sculpture, Rembrandt's paintings and one of the best images of the female body in the Baroque style.
So, in 1.5 hours you will orient yourself in the labyrinths of the Hermitage halls, feel the spirit of different eras of world art and understand in detail the masterpieces of the museum collection.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide will conduct it from his home in a webinar format. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional immersion materials, including a museum map with room numbers and artwork, so you can compare the virtual walk with the real one.
- In addition, after the tour, you will receive a quite tangible postcard with a special stamp from the Hermitage!
20% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 20% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you in St. Petersburg!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.