Life returns to the streets of Venice! Together we will walk through one of the most picturesque areas of the city - Dorsoduro. Ancient squares and bridges, enchanting canals and cute city details will not let your eye get bored even for a minute. And I will help you decipher what you saw and understand what is the secret of the attraction of Venice. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.8 on 94 reviews € 10 per person
What will you learn
- How Venice works, what Aqua Alta is and how the locals fight floods
- Where are gondolas made, why are they black and what is the difference between gondolier vests
- Why it is impossible to draw water from local wells and how was face control in medieval Venice
- What does the embankment, praised by Brodsky look like?
- Where and how do Venetians have a snack and what is "bacaro" and "chiketty"
In 1.5 hours we will walk along the incredibly beautiful Venetian route: through the embankments of Zattere and the Incurables, the Campo of St. Panteleimon and St. Barnabas, the Accademia Bridge and the Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute. Not only will I tell you the most interesting things about the history and modern life of the city, but I will also recommend some excellent cafes and teach you real Venetian words!
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online walk, not a video recording. The guide walks the streets of Venice in real time. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can dive into the topic: a list of books and films about Venice
€ 10 discount on any guided tour
In addition, you will receive a one-time 10 € discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you on the streets of Venice!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.