The phenomenal Dutch Golden Age of painting has earned the Rijksmuseum a place among the twenty most visited art museums in the world. In the company of the only Russian-speaking art critic of the complex, you will find out in detail what the value of the Dutch masterpieces of the 17th century is. And you will also discover other treasures of the palace, which are hidden in the shadow of the greatness of the famous paintings. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.47 on 32 reviews € 6 per person
What will you learn
- The history of the foundation of the museum, its opening after reconstruction and exhibition activities. How beautiful is the landscape design of the temple of arts, what the symbols in the interiors of the palace mean and which pavilion is the most mysterious here.
- What the Dutch era of the Golden Age gave to world art. Who were the big and small Dutch. What Jan Steen brought to social satire, what Van Gogh considered Frans Hals to be an unsurpassed master, and how to discern the origins of impressionism in Johannes Vermeer.
- What revolution did Rembrandt make in The Night Watch and why the painting became the most iconic work in Dutch painting. What tales about her should not be believed, what kind of characters are depicted on the canvas and what secrets are revealed in the inconspicuous details of the portrait.
- As in the museum library, doll houses, ship models and the "Aladdin's cave" to see masterpieces no less impressive than the legendary paintings.
In 1.5 hours, you will see the best examples of 17th century Dutch paintings and discover striking collections that are often overlooked. As a result, you will get a three-dimensional impression of the museum complex and understand that the Rijksmuseum is not only the Night Watch and the Milkmaid, but also a colorful fireworks display of various cultural events.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide will conduct it from his home in a webinar format. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can immerse yourself in the topic: a presentation and a list of "what to read, see"
15% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 15% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you online!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will know the exact meeting point immediately after booking. The RijksmuseumMuseums and Art14Webinars1