Get ready to delve into the secrets of London's archaeological treasury! On an online tour, we will lay out an ideal virtual route through the British Museum and look at its main exhibits: get acquainted with the artifacts of the Assyrians and Sumerians, talk about the curses of the Egyptian pharaohs, discuss Mayan legends, sensational discoveries of scientists and detective stories of the museum. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.82 on 38 reviews £ 5 per person
What will you learn
- In no case can one pass by any artifacts in the British Museum and what is their value. Legends about the crystal skull and statue from Easter Island, Maya and Aztecs, figurines from the Isle of Lewis and the helmet of King Redwold will come to life in front of you.
- Who and how could decipher the Egyptian hieroglyphs and what secrets are hidden in the depths of the pyramids. Let's talk about the miracles of embalming, the curse of Tutankhamun and how cats killed the ancient Egyptians.
- What cultural phenomena we inherited from the ancient Sumerians. Where did the legend of the Tower of Babel come from, how did Eve actually tempt Adam and who prayed in the Sumerian temples instead of them.
- How the British Museum became a citadel of ancient civilizations and who had a hand in it. I will tell you what museum curators are doing today and share the secrets of the second most visited museum in the world.
And in another 1.5 hours, you will hear three detective stories of the British Museum (not without Scotland Yard, of course), which I happened to witness, learn how Elvis Presley sounds in the Sumerian language, and practice ancient cuneiform.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide will conduct it from his home in a webinar format. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can immerse yourself in the topic: presentation, books and even Sumerian songs
20% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 20% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you in London!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will know the exact meeting point immediately after booking. Museums and ArtBritish Museum4Webinars2