“City under the city” has become part of the daily routine for Muscovites, but if you look at the metro from the outside, you will see a museum of Soviet and contemporary art, an architectural encyclopedia and a cache of urban legends. On an online tour, we will open this cache, look at the most beautiful subway stations and, like on an escalator, plunge into the history of the city. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Possible with children Rating 4.98 based on 44 reviews 400 RUB per person
What will you learn
- Why the Moscow Metro can be considered an underground encyclopedia of architectural styles - from Art Deco to Postmodernism
- What the first metro stations, carriages and tickets looked like, and why Muscovites in the middle of the 20th century did not consider it public transport
- How the metro is technically arranged, what types of stations exist and what engineering solutions were used for their construction
- Why the metro was nearly destroyed during the war, is the subway capable of withstanding a nuclear attack and what connects the Novokuznetskaya station with the besieged Leningrad
- What secrets are hidden in the lobbies of the most beautiful stations: we will find stained glass windows and unique mosaics, a place for spy negotiations and even a sailor who danced with the Queen of England
So, in 1.5 hours, you will examine the complex, large-scale and well-honed mechanism of the capital's subway from all sides and decide for yourself what the Moscow metro is - transport, shelter, palace, museum or temple of the Soviet era.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide will conduct it from his home in a webinar format. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can dive into the topic: presentation, list of books and links to videos.
10% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 10% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you on the streets of Moscow!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.