In pursuit of the history of emperors and gladiators, travelers do not have time to discover other layers of this multi-layered city. But Rome would not exist without volcanoes, land and water. Together we will figure out what the Eternal City hides from the eyes of tourists and what is the uniqueness of its location. You will learn about Rome not from guidebooks and even look into its dungeons! Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.88 on 59 reviews € 7 per person
What will you learn
- Why Rome arose exactly at this point of the Apennine Peninsula and how it turned from a small settlement into the center of a powerful Empire
- Earthquakes and floods - will they destroy the landmarks of Eternal Rome?
- Secrets of the city under the city, or how lucky the Roman archaeologists-speleologists
- Why modern roads are inferior to the ancient ones in quality, how volcanoes help Rome and where to eat Roman paving stones
- Why the Colosseum has such an asymmetrical profile, how the Trevi Fountain works and why there are so many drinking fountains in the city
In 1.5 hours, you will understand how nature has always interacted with Rome, and you will discover the fascinating secrets of familiar sights. And you can also apply this knowledge in practice while walking around Rome and traveling through its picturesque surroundings.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide will conduct it from his home in a webinar format. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can dive into the topic: a presentation and a list with videos and useful addresses
€ 15 discount on any guided tour
In addition, you will receive a one-time 15 € discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you online and in Rome!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.