"The greatest city of Central Asia", "Pearl of the East", "Cradle of Islamic culture" - whatever they call Bukhara. I will not only show you its majestic squares, mosques and madrasahs, but also decipher the symbols hidden in them and help you get closer to the ancient Eastern wisdom. I will also tell you about the modern life of the city and its friendly inhabitants! Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.62 on 29 reviews € 5 per person
What will you learn
- How did the gold and jewelry trade develop in the city and did the Great Silk Road pass here?
- Where in Bukhara the currency was changed over the centuries and what does the dome of usurers look like?
- What an ancient mosque used to be a temple of fire worshipers
- Who are Sufis and why there are so many of them in Bukhara
- How does a modern city live and what ancient traditions and customs do the locals observe to this day?
In 1.5 hours we will walk along the most beautiful Bukhara route: through Lyabi-Hauz square, Trade domes, stunning old ensembles of Kosh-madrasah and Poi-Kalyan and the Ark fortress, which became the first symbol of the city's statehood. Not a single important detail on the way will be ignored: I will show you all the most picturesque corners of the Old Town and reveal the history and legends of its best buildings!
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online walk, not a video recording. The guide walks the streets of the city in real time. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can immerse yourself in the topic: a list of books and films about Bukhara
5% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 5% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). See you on the streets of Bukhara!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.