Little-known fascinating facts from the life of Lisbon are waiting for you on this mini-journey - while we will walk after its heart, through the historical districts of Chiado and Baixa. You will hear the whisper of the ruins of an ancient monastery, find the delicate elevator of Santa Justa, admire the panorama from the height of the Mirador. Along the way, I will tell you about Lisbon of the past and present, about the tastes and brands of Portugal! Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.89 on 38 reviews € 7 per person
What will you see
- Panoramic view of Lisbon from the Mirador of St. Catherine; a bridge on April 25, associated with the secrets of the dictator Salazar, and an unusual monument with Masonic symbols.
- Streets and squares of Chiado and Baixa districts… Medieval labyrinths are the lot of Alfama and Morari. The Lisbon "chessboard", where all roads lead to water, and the buildings of the new Lisbon, which are not afraid of earthquakes, are waiting for you.
- Monastery of Carmo - picturesque ruins that keep the secrets of the Carmelite Order. I will also show the São Carlos National Opera House nearby.
- Bica Yellow Funicular and Santa Justa Elevator - the first lift in Lisbon and the openwork city lift, the business cards of the Portuguese capital.
- Rossio Square - at the final point of the route, we will discuss the optical illusion and symbolism of the statues, and also take a look at Karmo through the flowering jacaranda again.
What will you learn
Plots about the people of Lisbon… About the cult poet Kamoesh, his work with scientists and a little about love affairs. About an eccentric baron and his butler. About varines, or Lisbon fishermen Sonya.
Lisbon and Portugal brands… What sweets the city treats (we will take a look at the Chiado pastry shops), why the famous trams need sand and why Portuguese cork and shoes became famous.
How Lisbon lives: where they work, how much they get, how they relax and what the people of Lisbon eat. And also why there is a lot of Italian ice cream, what is the weather and where everyone goes to swim.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide walks through Lisbon in real time. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can dive into the topic: useful links and recommended places in Lisbon
My other online excursions in Lisbon
Online excursion "Stories of old Lisbon"
15% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 15% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). Looking forward to our meetings!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.