Olkhon is the only inhabited island on Lake Baikal. Shrouded in secrets and legends, it has preserved the culture of the Kurykans and Mongols who lived here before. Finding yourself in the center of shamanism of the northern hemisphere of the Earth, you will immerse yourself in the world of Buryat mythology and enjoy the Baikal landscapes, see the main monuments and learn how the locals live. Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 4 reviews 25460 rubles per excursion Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Travel notes We will meet in Irkutsk and go to Olkhon, enjoying the diversity of the landscape on the way. The taiga mountain serpentine, meadows with strawberries and flowers and steppes with herds of horses will open to your eyes. We will stop for breakfast at a roadside cafe, where you can taste traditional Buryat and Russian cuisine, and if you are interested in antiquities, we will examine the preserved rock paintings of ancient people
In the footsteps of ancestors After the ferry crossing to Olkhon Island, our exciting one-day adventure begins. During the jeep tour, we will visit the legendary village of Khuzhir, where the master of Lake Baikal lives on the sacred cape Burkhan. The next place of power is Khoboy, the northernmost Cape of Olkhon, on the way to which we will meet three famous brothers, see Cape Kharantsy and Peschanaya Bay of extraordinary beauty. You will learn what happens to greedy wives and what it is like to grow up in a shaman's family
Natural diversity Most of the trip takes place in uninhabited uninhabited places. You will be transported from the urban civilization to the pristine world of Lake Baikal and feel its powerful energy. Breathtaking landscapes and clean air, swimming in a mystical lake or skating, tube and skiing on its ice await you. We will explore coastal caves, see grottoes, splashes, frozen waves and hummocks. An encounter with the beauty of Siberian nature, a feeling of freedom and acquaintance with the culture of the indigenous inhabitants of the Baikal region will forever change you!
How the excursion goes
- The tour starts and ends in Irkutsk
- By car Toyota Land Cruiser 80 off-road configuration with air conditioning
- In January, it is possible to conduct an excursion along the coast of the Maloye More (this is the strait between Olkhon Island and the mainland) with a view of Olkhon. There will be the same space ice, frozen grottoes, hummocks, stalactites, picturesque capes and views. Great photos are also guaranteed:) In April, the Olkhon jeep tour is not carried out.
- I can adjust the route according to your wishes
- In winter, if you want to skate / tube / ski on the Baikal ice, inform the guide in advance
What is included in the price and what is not
- Each guest receives a bottle of Baikal drinking water as a gift
- Meals in the cafe are paid separately
- National park fee is not included in the price - 300 rubles / person.
- In winter (from January 1 to February 15), the ferry to Olkhon is carried out by khivus. The fare is 800 rubles per person in both directions or 7000 rubles per group for a local car (UAZ).
- If desired, for an additional fee, the excursion can be extended and stay on Olkhon for the night to explore its southern part
It is possible to combine a jeep tour to Olkhon with a jeep tour of the Tazheranskaya steppe with one or two overnight stays on Olkhon Island. You can also supplement the excursion with a visit to the southern part of Olkhon with an overnight stay on the island.
The beginning of the excursion in Irkutsk.You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking. Baikal Outside the city28