A soulful sightseeing tour will acquaint you with the flavor of ancient Ryazan. From the Kremlin to modern buildings, we will go through nine centuries of the city's development and remember outstanding residents, funny legends and important discoveries made by our fellow countrymen. Individual excursion for 1–8 people Duration 2.5 hours Children Allow with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.9 based on 69 reviews 3100 rub. 2790 rubles for the excursion Price for 1-8 people, regardless of the number of participants 10%Discount when ordering before March 18
What awaits you
History and legends of Ryazan Having originated at the end of the 11th century, the city developed continuously, overgrown with settlements and settlements. From the historical core of Ryazan, we will proceed through the main attractions to the modern quarters and, as if we will make a journey through the centuries. You will see the prayed ancient churches and cathedrals of the Kremlin, hear about the struggle of the Ryazan principality for the capital throne and the heroic deeds of the inhabitants. Walking around the territory of the Kremlin, look at the archaeological excavations where ancient treasures of jewelers are found
Together we will solve the adage “There are mushrooms with eyes in Ryazan”, we will reveal why Ryazan people are called kosopuzi and where the world's first aeronaut lived. Recipes of Ryazan dishes will be a sweet addition: Kalinnik, loafs and candy.
Intricate architecture Ryazan residents have always been famous for their imagination, this is strongly reflected in architecture! Offers
- The majestic Assumption Cathedral, richly decorated with white stone carvings. Inside there is the highest iconostasis in Russia - 28 meters
- The Archangel Cathedral of the 15th century and the Church of the Savior-on-Yar are excellent examples of pre-Petrine temple architecture
- Cozy streets with wooden houses and carved platbands, shutters and porches, which Paustovsky admired so much
- Amazing mansion where Sergei Yesenin stayed during his visits to Ryazan
- Art Nouveau masterpieces and modern architecture of Ryazan: chest house, "Dinosaur egg", Münsterskaya street
Outstanding residents of Ryazan Many interesting personalities are associated with our city, which you will learn about on the excursion. Evpatiy Kolovrat is the hero of an ancient Russian legend, Prince Oleg Ryazansky is one of the key figures of the 14th century, physiologist Ivan Pavlov is the first Russian Nobel laureate, breeder Ivan Michurin, the Pirogov brothers are singers, the founder of cosmonautics Konstantin Tsiolkovsky. The epic hero Dobrynya Nikitich also has Ryazan roots. The poet Sergei Yesenin has been to Ryazan more than once, together we will find his Ryazan addresses.
- The excursion is designed for 2.5 - 3 hours, the length of the route is ~ 3 km, along the way there will be a stop for rest, where I can offer you aromatic herbal tea with monastery pastries
- Additional costs at will: aromatic herbal tea with monastery pastries (100 rubles), souvenirs
- The tour for you will be led by me or another professional guide from our team
The excursion starts at Seminarskaya Street. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.