In one day you will visit two ancient cities of northwestern Russia - the epic Izborsk and the distinctive Pechory. You will discover the legends of the Truvorov settlement, walk to the Slovenian keys and walk along the battle passages of the Izborsk fortress. And in the second part of the trip, you will penetrate into the history of the Pskov-Pechersky Monastery and find the Holy Caves covered with legends. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 7 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 4 reviews RUB 5500 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Trails of ancient Izborsk First, we will head to one of the oldest cities in the northwest of Russia. You will be transported to the pages of the Tale of Bygone Years and learn about the life of Izborsk from the middle of the 10th century. In our program
- Truvorovo settlement - you will see the place of the first settlement of the Slavs-Krivichi, you will see the Nikolskaya Church of the 16-18th centuries. and from a high cape you will take a look at the whole Izborsko-Malskaya valley;
- Truvor's cross with the preserved embossed inscription “Tsar, Glory, Nika, Jesus Christ”. Here we will talk about the legends surrounding this place.
- Millennial Slovenian Springs and Gorodischenskoe Lake, where you can meet swans all year round;
- Fortress on Zheravya Gora of the 14th century with battle towers, traps and hiding places. You can walk along secret passages, reveal the secrets of the citadel and climb to the observation deck on the Lukovka tower.
From Pechory to Petseri - and back Next, you will find yourself in the old Russian city of Pechora, nestled on the western edge of the Russian border. Here you will see one of the masterpieces of Russian temple architecture - the Pskov-Pechersky Holy Dormition Monastery. We will look at the stone walls and towers of the 16th century, reveal the secrets of the Holy Caves discovered in the 14th century. And, of course, let's talk about the legends of the monastery and the rich history of the city, which in several centuries managed to change its name, visit Estonia and return to its origins.
- The tour will be guided by one of our team's guides
- Additionally paid: entrance ticket to the Izborsk fortress - 100 rubles, obligatory donation to the monastery - 500 rubles. (from 1 to 5 people). Optional lunch - 450 rubles. per person.
- The excursion is carried out on your transport, or transport is paid additionally upon prior request
The excursion starts at Lenin Square. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.