Undoubtedly, Tula is a city of craftsmen, but the merchants also played an equally noticeable role in its formation and development. Walking along the old streets, we will talk about the dynasties that made Tula famous, look at merchant mansions and look into the manor park. And then, at the master class, we will bake the famous printed gingerbread cookies according to traditional recipes. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 1.5 hours Children Possible with children How it goes On foot Rating 4.78 from 9 reviews RUB 3000 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
About Tula merchants - and not only On a walk through the merchant streets, we will immerse ourselves in the Tula flavor and discuss how the famous local dynasties of merchants were formed: the Demidovs, Liventsovs, Grechikhins, Batashevs, Dobrynins and many others. You will learn what role the merchants played in the life of Tula, what privileges and traditions this estate had, and how a simple gunsmith received the nobility from the hands of Peter I. We will look at the mansions of the gingerbread merchants Grechikhin and Belolipetskiy, visit the All Saints Cathedral and look into the park of the former estate of the merchant Platonov. Let's figure out who made the first samovar in Tula and what relation the merchant Matveyev has to the creation of the first chromatic accordion. And, of course, we will make a wish at Tulyachk - a monument to all artisans
Drink overlapping tea and bake Tula gingerbread After immersing yourself in the history of the merchants, you can also practice traditional Tula crafts at master classes: paint a Filimonov toy or bake a printed Tula gingerbread according to an old recipe, have a tea party with Belevskaya pastila, and at the same time find out what it means to drink tea “overlapping”, “bite "," look at "and" roll up ". In conclusion, we can visit the Museum of Harmony of Grandfather Philemon with an interactive program, during which the feet start to dance!
How the excursion goes
- The excursion time includes a walk around the city. The tour ends at the Gingerbread Museum, where you can attend a master class (additional charge). When choosing several master classes and visiting museums, the excursion time increases and is paid additionally.
- The group can be increased up to 10 people (with additional payment)
- Entrance tickets to the Kremlin: 80 rubles / adults, 60 rubles / schoolchildren or 500 rubles / group up to 5 people
- Participation in a master class at the Gingerbread Museum (optional): 600 rubles / person.
- Master class on painting Filimonov toys (optional): 350 rubles / person.
- Entrance tickets to the Museum of Harmony of grandfather Philemon (optional): 350 rubles per person.
The excursion starts at the Samovar Museum. You will know the exact meeting point immediately after booking.