I invite you to drive along the northern part of the picturesque Olkhon! It is an island of giant rocks, sand dunes, steppes, coniferous forests and amazing winter ice. You will travel on a UAZ "loaf", the most indispensable transport in the Russian outback, accompanied by a driver and a guide (optional). Individual excursion for 1–9 people Duration 6 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 3 reviews RUB 13,000 for the excursion Price for 1-9 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Baikal beauty all year round Wooded Olkhon is the largest island of Lake Baikal. In a few hours you will visit six of its most beautiful and interesting places. In a programme
- Cape Kharantsy, from which you can see two rocky islets resembling a lion and a crocodile. In winter, you will see ice grottos here!
- Sandy tract - one of the few places on Olkhon where nature has created real dunes. Once at the local fish factory, work was in full swing, but today one family lives in the village.
- Cape Sagan Khushun (Three Brothers) - from the Buryat language the name is translated as "white cape". These are three textured white marble rocks covered with burgundy-orange lichens. Some of the most impressive views of Olkhon await you on this cape over 30 meters high.
- Cape Khoboy - the northern tip of the island and the place of power located at the widest point of the lake. A path with equipped observation platforms has been laid to the cape. Here you can admire the postcard views of Lake Baikal! After walking along Cape Khoboy, our driver will feed you lunch with a fragrant fish soup from the famous Baikal omul, and the journey will continue along the eastern side of the island.
- Cape Shunte-Left, or Cape of Love - with two rocks, to which two paths lead. People who dream of children tend to get here: they say that it depends on the choice of the path whether the traveler will have a girl or a boy:)
- Uzury's Fall and a weather station: in a valley between two mountains, Raba and Tolgai, you will look into a tiny village where one family supports the work of the old Baikal weather station, and drive right up to the waters or ice of the lake.
How is the journey
- The trip starts already on Olkhon Island, in the village of Khuzhir, where you need to get on your own (we will show you how). It is possible to organize a transfer from other points of Olkhon (check in the correspondence).
- The indicated cost includes escorting only the driver who is ready to answer clarifying questions
- At your request, we can organize a guided tour (extra charge). You will immerse yourself in the legends and beliefs of Lake Baikal, learn about its nature and history of settlements.
- Travel is possible all year round
What is included in the price and what is not
- Included: travel expenses, lunch
- Additionally, entry to the national park and guide services are paid at will (check the exact amount in the correspondence, as it depends on the season)
Beginning of the excursion Hotel accommodation in Khuzhir. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.