Thousands of thousands of stories float in the Eternal City - you can even feel it virtually! Taking pictures of your beloved Rome, I will tell you about the ancient Pantheon and the Baroque Piazza Navona, remind you of the great names and take you through the atmospheric, non-touristy streets. You will be transported to the Spanish Steps, admire the Trevi Fountain and learn about the delicious places and life of Rome. Online excursion Duration 1.5 hours Children Allowed with children Rating 4.95 on 41 reviews € 7 per person
What will you see and learn
The most famous places in the heart of Rome Let's touch on vivid episodes from the biography of important monuments in the center of Rome! I will reveal their historical facts, draw attention to the details of the facades that are easy to miss without a guide, and talk about the prominent people associated with Rome. Like postcards that come to life, you will see
- Spain square… How the French are connected with it, how the Spanish Steps became famous and how a pretty boat-shaped fountain appeared;
- Trevi Fountain… You will admire the luxurious structure from the best angles, and I will reveal a couple of its secrets;
- Pantheon - an ancient antique temple of all the gods. Why was a hole made in the dome and what ceremony is taking place here;
- Piazza Navona… Of course, you will immediately notice its baroque fountains. You will learn about their symbolism, as well as about two rival geniuses - Bernini and Borromini.
Corners hidden from the eyes of tourists A stone's throw from the main attractions, I will show you typically Roman streets with ivy-covered houses. So, we will walk along Via Margutta, where Federico Fellini, Gianni Rodari and Pablo Picasso lived, and find an unusual fountain of artists. Let's "talk" with the statue, remember Caravaggio and Gogol. And along the way, I will advise you on your favorite Italian cafes.
How the online tour goes
- This is a live online tour, not a video recording. The guide walks in real time around Rome. You can lie on the couch, drink tea or wine, and even do household chores:)
- The meeting takes place in the free Zoom program. It's very simple, you can participate from your computer, phone or tablet.
- The starting time of the excursion is indicated in Moscow. The link to order will be available on the ticket after payment. Also, 1 hour before the start of the tour, we will send you a reminder by mail.
- After the tour, we will send you additional materials so that you can dive into the topic: a list of "what to read and see" about Rome
My other online excursions in Rome
Rome Online Walking Tour: Colosseum to Trastevere Online excursion "Vatican - the most mysterious country in the world"
15% discount on any excursion of the guide
In addition, you will receive a one-time 15% discount on any of my offline excursions (valid indefinitely). I am waiting for you in the Eternal City!
The excursion starts at the screen:) in the Zoom program. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.