A road trip from Moscow to Tver along the Tsar's road will immerse you in the flavor of old provincial towns. We will stop in the village of Zavidovo, famous for its temples and landscapes, and Gorodnya, where the Travel Palace and the ancient Church of the Nativity of the Virgin are located. I will show you the most interesting corners and introduce you to the history of the Tver region. Individual excursion for 1-3 people Duration More than 12 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 5 on 3 reviews RUB 9000 per excursion Price for 1-3 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Travel notes On the way to Tver in an easy and accessible way, I will tell you interesting facts about familiar cities. Passing Khimki, Zelenograd, Solnechnogorsk, Klin, we will recall the history of these settlements and talk about what they are famous for today and what mark the destructive Great Patriotic War left in these parts. Travel palaces were a special decoration of the old Tsar's road. On the tour, you will see three of them and find out what role they played at different times
Zavidovo First of all, Zavidovo is famous for its National Park, but it is not the only attraction of the village. You will visit the Museum of the History of the Temple Complex of the village of Zavidovo, the Yamshitskaya Izba Museum and the Tsar's Road Museum. The expositions will tell about the possessions of Ivan the Terrible, the Great Moscow Road, the life of coachmen, travelers and pilgrims. You will admire the picturesque panorama of the Shoshi river flowing into Mother Volga
Old Russian Vertyazin What secrets does the medieval village of Gorodnya keep? You will see the Traveling Palace, visit the Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God - the only surviving building of the brilliant architecture of the Tver principality, and go down to fetch water from the spring consecrated in honor of the Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God. Next, we will drive past the village of Emmaus, and I will share the amazing story of this original name
Tver is the door to Moscow! On the way along the main road of the country connecting Moscow and St. Petersburg, we will trace the history of the formation of the Russian state. Tver, which previously competed for the championship with Moscow, may not have become the capital of the country, but is called the capital of the Upper Volga. We will walk through the magnificent city, the appearance of which the famous architects Rossi, Kazakov, Nikitin and others worked on, see the main monuments and remember the outstanding personalities associated with Tver: Afanasy Nikitin, Pushkin, Krylov, Saltykov-Shchedrin, Lenin and others. We will find unusual monuments to the fisherman and family, visit the ancient White Trinity Church and the Living Museum of Ceramics
And finally, you will open up the world of Russian folk art in the Museum of Torzhok gold embroidery. After the tour, you can buy unique souvenirs and gifts for yourself, your relatives: here are the best Semenovskaya Khokhloma, Gzhel, Klin Christmas tree decorations, Pavloposad shawls, boxes from Palekh and Mstera, Konakovsky faience, Northern mob, Kaliningrad amber and "Gold of human hands" - products of Torzhok craftswomen.
How the excursion goes
- The tour starts and ends at the station. m. "Belomorskaya" and is carried out in a comfortable car. It is possible to start an excursion at a different address by prior agreement with the guide for an additional fee. Specify the cost in the correspondence.
- It is possible to organize an excursion in your car
- The excursion with children under 12 years old is carried out only in your car with a car seat
- It is possible to organize excursions for a group of up to 18 people. on a comfortable minibus - the cost is discussed individually
- Lunch is organized either in a cafe or in a restaurant in the center of Tver and is paid additionally
- Transportation costs for gasoline are paid separately - 2500 rubles. from the group
- Entrance tickets to museums with excursions are paid separately - 1200 rubles. per person
- An additional visit to the observation deck in the center of Tver is possible - 200 rubles. per person
The beginning of the excursion at the station. m. "Belomorskaya". You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.