You will visit the famous Tolstoy house-museum and hear about the writer's soul searching and his attempts to become an entrepreneur. And at the nearby stations of Yasenki and Kozlova Zaseka, you will learn what role the railway played in the life of the Tolstoys, and feel the atmosphere of a passenger carriage of the late 19th century. Individual excursion for 1-5 people Duration 5 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes By car Rating 4.67 on 3 reviews RUB 8500 per excursion Price for 1-5 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
Idyllic Yasnaya Polyana “Without my Yasnaya Polyana, I cannot imagine Russia and my attitude to it,” Tolstoy wrote. Indeed, most of his life has passed here, among apple orchards, phlox alleys, rivers and forests. You will walk along the Yasnaya Polyana "preshpekt" past the snow-white turrets and a cascade of ponds, see the artists' pavilion and visit the writer's house-museum in the company of a local researcher
Railway stations Kozlova Zaseka and Yaseka The harmony of the world of Yasnaya Polyana was once broken by the iron clatter of wheels. Although Tolstoy initially did not accept the "proud cast iron", later he often traveled by rail. The Tolstoys met their friends at Kozlovka, and from here they traveled to Moscow. The Yasenki station also played a significant role in their lives. You will hear what tragic events are associated with it, see the reconstructed ticket office, visit the passenger carriage of the 19th century and understand in what conditions tourists of the first, second and third classes traveled
Tolstoy family necropolis You will visit the Nikolo-Kochakovsky necropolis, where Tolstoy's parents and relatives are buried. And also visit a small stone church of the 17th century in the name of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker and hear how the history of the village of Kochaki intertwines with the history of Yasnaya Polyana.
The tour is carried out in several stages:
- Travel excursion from Tula to Yasnaya Polyana
- Excursion around the estate, to the Tolstoy House-Museum and the Kuzminsky wing (conducted by a museum employee); independent walk to Tolstoy's grave
- Excursion to the Yasenki railway station, now the city of Shchekino
- Visit to the Nikolo-Kochakovskaya church of the 17th century and the Nikolo-Kochakovskiy necropolis, the family burial vault of the Tolstoy family
- Excursion to the railway station Kozlova Zaseka
- Transport costs are not included in the price. The tour can take place in your car or in a rented car. If public transport is used, then it is possible to visit only two objects: the estate and the House of Tolstoy and the Nikolo-Kochakovskaya Church and the Necropolis.
- Entrance tickets are paid additionally (must be booked in advance): Tolstoy House-Museum - 450 rubles. per person, Kozlova Zaseka - 600 rubles. for a group of up to 5 people, Yasenki - 400 rubles. for a group of up to 5 people
Start of the excursion by appointment. You will find out the exact meeting point immediately after booking.