Despite its difficult history, Vyborg has retained its European flavor and is still attractive for lovers of medieval mysticism. We will examine the main monuments of the city, walk through the only knight's castle in the Leningrad region and climb its tower, remember the terrible sorcerer who lived here, the "Hell's Cauldron" and the thundering Smellen cave, which protected from enemies. Individual excursion for 1–4 people Duration 7 hours Children Allowed with children How it goes On foot Rating 5 on 1 review 4000 rubles per tour Price for 1-4 people, regardless of the number of participants
What awaits you
? Legends of antiquity You will learn how the Pietinen Palace is connected with the ancient Karelian-Finnish epic Kalevala, how Ivan the Third failed to take Vyborg and why this event is known as the "Vyborg Thunder". I will also explain why Vyborg is called the city of seven bears
? Ghosts of the Past Walking along the cobbled streets, you will not only admire the colorful mansions in the Northern Art Nouveau style and ancient monuments, but also learn many interesting facts. How did Peter the Great suffer a crushing defeat during the siege of the city and what role did the Fat Catherine Tower on the Market Square play in this? What ghosts walk around the Vyborg Castle? What used to be on the site of the Esplanade Park? I will immerse you in the medieval atmosphere of the city and reveal its secrets
? Mon Repos Park Then we will walk through a park of rare beauty with an unusual name and a difficult fate. I will tell you about the owners of the estate - barons von Nicolai, architects and artists who created Mon Repos, which means "my peace", "my rest"; and also about the role Dmitry Sergeevich Likhachev played in its restoration. Admiring the island of Ludwigstein and the Temple of Neptune, you will feel the atmosphere of the mystical Karelian forest, and I will complement your impressions with a story about Väinemöinen - the main character of the Karelian-Finnish epic Kalevala. You will learn about the mysterious disappearances of the monument to the ancient hero and understand how they are connected with the treasures of Andrea and the magic mill of Sampo. I will share the history of the origin and content of the ancient runes and explain what role they played for the indigenous population of Karelia.
- The time of the excursion is indicated taking into account the route from St. Petersburg to Vyborg
- We will go to Vyborg from St. Petersburg by high-speed train (swallow) from Finland Station (an hour on the way). A one-way ticket costs 347 rubles, paid separately. The ticket for the guide is paid by the travelers.
- If you are more than 4 people, the surcharge for each next participant will be 700 rubles.
- The entrance ticket to the Mon Repos Park is paid separately: 100 rubles / adult, 50 rubles / children 16-18 years old and pensioners, children under 16 years old - free
- If desired, for an additional fee, we can visit the Vyborg Castle, the entrance to the Castle Island is free, the entrance to the museum and exhibitions is paid
Meeting point by agreement with the guide, you can discuss it when ordering an excursion.